Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My Sister's Songs

Okay so some of you know that my sister and I are attending a worship summit in November and we have committed to write five songs apiece. As I labor on my third she is up to about six. Yeah, nice right? I simply say she has the gift of songwriting and God just gives me a song now and then as a gift. I am so excited by her focus and productivity. They are all REALLY GOOD as well. Just thought I would put up a few of them so you can enjoy at least the words. Sometime if she ever records them I will add the youtube link. Please note all lyrics are copyrighted. thank you!

YOUR LOVE IS AMAZING!

                                               Open up my eyes, peer through the darkness
Knew it was gonna be just one of those days
I'd rather pull the covers back over my head, and just hide away
But then I hear You still small voice saying,
“Come and seek me first, we could have such a good day!”

Chorus:
And now the sun is shining I feel its warmth on me
I feel my spirits rising, Your love has set me free
Here in this quiet moment, when I can be with You
I'm here to tell you that Your love is Amazing!!!
Halfway through my day and I'm so tired
feels like the weight of the world on my shoulders
somehow I've got to find the will to carry on and push through it all
but then I hear Your still small voice saying
“come and be with me” and I'm reminded that this is Your day

Your day to rejoice in!

Chorus

And now the day is gone and night has come, the darkness is falling
but You have shown Your light into my night and I've nothing to fear
as I hear Your still small voice saying “Come and rest in me”

I lay my head down on a pillow of grace


PRAISE HIM!
(this one is mostly snippets of psalms)

Chorus:

Everybody come, everybody come!
everybody sing, everybody sing!
Everybody come and lift up His Holy Name
everybody come, everybody come!
everybody sing, everybody sing!
Everybody lift up His Holy Name

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil, for You are with me
though I'm tossed in the waves of this ocean life, I'll let the stormwinds blow! Still You are with me

Chorus

In the night watch You are my rock, my strength, my fotress and my mighty tower, and You are worthy
and if my heart and flesh may fail Your strength remains, my lips will always sing Your praise 'cause
You are worthy!

Chorus

bring an offering of thanks to the Lord our God for He is good and His mercy endures forever
for the Lord is great and greatly to be praised, in the beauty of His Holiness. . . that endures forever

Chorus

The Earth is the Lord's and all it's fullness, the world and those who dwell therein, Praise Him.
And if we do not stand and lift Him high, even the rocks will cry, Somebody Praise Him!

Chorus
 

ONLY JOY

Never thought I'd find myself here like this
I can only wonder at Your holiness
There could be so many questions but it's not my story to write
I'd rather trust in You

Bridge: And You will be my comfort and I will rejoice

I have found Your will for me and it gives me pleasure
to worship You in all You do, is why I'm here
in this place of pure surrender I find peace
as I stand in awe of You

Bridge: and You will be my comfort and I will rejoice
Chorus: I won't be afraid to see You my God
I won't be afraid to fall into Your arms
to hear You say my name, calm my fears, no more tears
only joy, only joy!

when my days upon this weary earth are spent
I am but a vapor gone in a moment
You were the source of every good thing in my life
now I give it back to You

Bridge: and You will be my comfort and I will rejoice
Chorus: I won't be afraid to see You my God
I won't be afraid to fall into Your arms
to hear You say my name, calm my fears, no more tears
only joy, only joy
only joy, only joy!