Saturday, July 31, 2010

Dash Point

Today we went to Dash Point. On the sound about 10 min. from Federal Way, it is apparently an old stomping ground for my husband. When he was little his whole family would camp there in the summer. It wasn't quite as cool as I was expecting but it wasn't bad either. You know how childhood memories have a way of making places/things a little more "special" in your mind than they are in reality. Nevertheless he seemed to enjoy telling me about the gooey ducks he would dig and the boards they like to "glide" on. Something like a mini surfboard that you toss onto very shallow water and jump on, skimming for several feet at a time. We saw some guys doing it today but I didn't get a picture. it did look like fun. It started out a little cloudy but the sun came out and I was shutter happy! So here are a bunch of pictures of random things that I am sure will bore you but filled my hour with "click, click, click" happiness. I do love getting outside.

silly face!
he really was laughing. . .

looks like a dolphin

living muscles! sweet.
can't resist these kids half out of frame pics
seagull fodder
no not a fossil, yes dead, totally cool

5 comments:

Me said...

Looks like a fun day was had by all, and believe me - I understand shutter-happy. How can one resist when surrounded by such beauty and adorable children??! I wish we lived closer to a beach, I know T would LOVE it. . .

Unknown said...

My Grandpa Pete and I went hiking on the trails there after Grandma passed away. We laughed at what a sight we must of been...an 90 year old man and an 8 months pregnant girl! FUN TIMES

jeremy and lenore diviney said...

melanie - I love that! special stuff.

Joel A. Shaver said...

Looks nice! That's where Heather fell off a cliff and broke her leg in high school!

jeremy and lenore diviney said...

ouch. =) perhaps not the best memory. . .I trust she has conquered any fear of heights that may have led to!