Thursday, July 22, 2010

Inception

Jeremy and I went to the movie Inception last night. It is as good as the hype surrounding it! I was struck by the thought that all of science cannot produce what movie makers can. Isn't that interesting? We all posit what the future may be like and science shows are filled with searching the stars for planets and theories on how many dimensions we may or may not be living in but it is films that bring such concepts to life. I love that inception wasn't a robot world filled with automated everything, it could even feel like current time except for the fact that no one has technology like that in our time; yet. No, instead it dealt with a very real part of life, our dreams. Jeremy and I excitedly discussed the "shared dreaming" idea. Of course never for a bad dream, but what would it be like to experience the very real feeling that we had been somewhere completely outside our norm together in a dream world? Dreams are powerful in that they make you feel like you are truly in that dreamworld; to not have to shake your loved one in the night to attempt to describe the vivid details of a fabulous dream but instead to experience it WITH them would be AMAZING. Call me a nerd. Anyway, the whole thing was incredibly suspenseful and there was much I am sure I missed and many things that I was left pondering. Mostly not all of my "how's" were answered. That isn't the point in a movie like this of course. It was enough for me to watch it and feel a connection to the characters and simply be inspired by the possibilities. Congrats to the director for creating a unique experience for movie goers and for yet again making future concepts a stunning visual reality. In that sense, you all are one giant leap ahead of the rest of mankind and I love it!

1 comment:

Me said...

You're so cute! I haven't seen the movie, but I do love the ones that get me to thinking. . .they seem so rare these days!