Wednesday, June 12, 2013

June Birthdays - Part 2

So for years I have heard good things about this place "The Harvest Vine". It's a tapas restaurant in Seattle and guess what? It's BASQUE. woot!you know I had to try it and this was the year! What better surprise for Mom? The food was ridiculous. Best lamb I have ever had in my life and mom about died over the orange flan. I also got to wear my birthday outfit, thanks mom for the presents! Thanks nat as well for the cute dress. Oh but first we visited Mt. Si Nursery where mom went nuts over the concrete flip flops which was forced to inform her did not fit with her "Grandmere" wine tasting vision for her patio.


 trinity was still wet from her swim lesson so she borrowed Nee Nee's jacket



 this tree was not on the nursery property but had dinner plate size magnolias. We had never seen anything like it and it's just this random tree in North Bend! I'm not kidding that leaf alone is platter size.

the elderberry bush mom coveted and bought a smaller one of only to discover when she got home she already has one. ha ha ha, I would miss plants in that giant garden of hers too.
 a map of the homeland next to cappucino cups. yes, please.
 those plaques look familiar
 oh only some Best of Seattle awards up the stairway with the iron grapevine railing. . .
say hello chef! I LOVE that they cooked in full view of the customers
hmm what should we order??
the food is here!
 tiny coffee, this is how it's done overseas folks
 they gifted us the flan for her birthday! how cool is that!?
 a little closer up
 including the "Basque-ing in Seattle sign"
 mom's a cheese-ball and is that dad's reading glasses on his head? oh man. . .
Happy Birthday to my mother and I! 
still to come: Blake's big day and our Birthday day with the Diviney's


No comments: