Saturday, June 1, 2013

10 years with my hot man

When we were engaged Jeremy bought me my first cell phone and paid for it too! He put his contact in as "My Hot Man" and it's still that way today so I hope the paramedics figure it out if I'm ever in an emergency. Guess he was tired of IM chat. ha! When he asked if he could hold my hand I said no and made him wait, for two weeks. When we went to Seattle to meet his family he promised me my first kiss, but only kissed the palm of my hand. (it was super romantic).We began our SNL viewing because living at home (that was me, not him) makes it hard to get alone time and so we stayed up late and stared into each others eyes. He proposed in the parking lot of our favorite restaurant after having the nerve to take me ring shopping when he already had one in his pocket. Good thing nothing jumped out at me I guess. We had a lovely wedding. I would have liked to have dancing (he said no) and he would have liked  a sit down meal (I said $$) but you can't have everything can you and over all I wouldn't have changed a thing. A tea-time wedding with miniature roses in the windowsills. Tea-length raspberry gowns on the bridesmaids and wonderful floral arrangements on pedestals made by a family friend set the perfect romantic atmosphere. Great friends that shared their talents in music and making the food and all the little things that make your day special. My friends even did my hair and makeup. It was a wonderful time of fellowship with everyone I loved the most. And I loved most of all, Jeremy. And still do. Happy 10th Anniversary Love. There have been three children, three moves, and many blessings in our first decade together. As you put so succinctly in your card to me, "I'm  very excited for the next ten years". 
   
these invites were square when square were new and modern. imagine that
 
    first a little flashback for you all, don't we look young?
black and white does wonders for my skin
ah, the kiss! and 10 blissful years later. . .
the box comes out again. . .

lovely lace
trin couldn't quite reach to zip the back and it looks like the zipper is broken a little at the base
 Gosh I loved that train!!!! still do.
 side view
 "say cheese" self portrait
ta-da! what do you know ten years later and I'm still short.
 who snuck in there? ah dress up is so fun

3 comments:

Lynne' said...

Fabulous!

Sarah Benedict said...

Congratulations! In today's age, that is quite the accomplishment!

Diana O- said...

awww congratulations on 10 years. Looking forward to meeting you tomorrow.