Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

We had a wonderful time with friends and family. The kids really enjoyed the snow and Jeremy got some excercise getting some firewood with my dad. I sat around as MUCH as possible. I finally got my fill of my nephew phillip, so he has my permission to continue growing for a while. Dinner was scrumptious but the laid back few days "snowed in" at the parents was my favorite. The traditional Laura/Lenore snowman was accomplished in dazzling style with a few extra helpers this year. We are no over twenty years making a snowman don't you think Laura? Now begins the true holiday season and I am feeling the stress already. However, online shopping will be my best friend this year and baking will consist entirely of only my favorites. The house is half decorated and the tree still needs to be put up but I wanted something to look forward to upon our return. The christmas cards are in the mail. . .bring on Christmas and all the great things that go with it! Especially celebrating the birth of our Lord and Savior, my favorite part of the holiday season. As I've always said, what other time of year do you get to sing songs about Jesus to WHOEVER you want to WHENEVER you want to and they don't mind???

 "bart" short for "Bartholomew the sleepy Bard". We had to make our snowman in repose as the powder was not quite packable enough to stack. "Jay-Z the Lazy" was also suggested.
 basically her favorite thing was to fall over into the snow
 yes, that is ME pushing her down the hill. I CAN be outdoorsy and winter brings it out in me like no other season. Years of afternoon sledding/skiing are hard to let go of but I will say I'm good with an hour now where when I was trin's age I would have been out all day.
 I must make mention of the sled "old reliable". Still the best runner sled ever even after YEARS of abuse. (I am talking four to five college age kids stacked on a three foot sled careening down icy hills.
prince phillip. squish!
 cousins.
 blake and my dad. everyone say "awww. . . ."
making the turkey place cards. have I mentioned my mom has killer housplants? well not really killer, but BIG. I'm sort of obsessed with them and managed to snag the one off her hutch top left. mwahahahahha!
 the fam, plus coralee and johnny, which are really just fam.
 nice look natalie!
show them off girls! 

4 comments:

Natalie Minnich said...

I don't know. That one house plant behind Trin kind of looks like it might reach out and swallow her!

Anonymous said...

I just have to raz you for spelling PhiLip's name wrong ;-)
~Shel

jeremy and lenore diviney said...

what the heck? doesn't philip have two l's? hmm. sorry little dude.

Anonymous said...

2 "L's" is the american spelling. Uncle Phil, who Zack and philip were named for had the biblical spelling with one "l". Your not alone! everyone wants to spell it with 2 "l's' for some reason. Weird because a "Phillip" we know says he has the opposite problem..people spell it with 1 "l".
~Shel