Friday, June 25, 2010

budget makeover

alright for those of you who asked. . . (okay so no one did but let's pretend) . . .here are the pics of my newly redone master bedroom. Of course I think there would be more in it if I had money for it but I don't so. . .here is a pic of my old bedding, simple but not exciting and there was NOTHING on the walls. (love renting!, not)

so I began by covering my futon, which had a nuetral with blueish sort of abstract print in a white down comforter (college lame I know, but the look is clean and simple at least). Then I searched for bedding. Bedding is ridiculously expensive people. Finally I found this comforter/sham set at target for $30. yeah baby! It is a really fun lime/sort of avacado green. Super springy. Then I recovered some pillows in fabric I fell in love with at joannes (about $8). My mom began them for me but in the end I had to hand stitch them and NO I will not be posting close up. lol. A few changes in accessories for the nightstands (jeremy got me the gorgeous vase for mother's day $23) and we are well on our way. The last element was the picture. I was DETERMINED to find art for the bed wall that I wouldn't have to put a screw or gigantic hole in it for. Finally (thank you Ross I love you) I found this canvas print of tulips for $19.99. Score! It looked good with all my random bright accent colors and added the softness and coziness I was looking for in my now pretty much white room. Of course I wouldn't mind if the walls were more ivory to warm up the room but everyone knows you don't paint a rental unless you have to so I am happy with results. well, for under $100 what do you think?

2 comments:

maygan said...

I think it looks FANTASTIC! I love how well everything works together- I'd never guess you did it all for under $100 either. great job!

jeremy and lenore diviney said...

thanks maygan, you boys are getting so big! what fun!