Monday, December 7, 2015

Throwback to November

So HOW could I forget to blog my cousins' EPIC 20th anniversary of her 18th birthday party? Mishael had so much fun at our murder mystery dinner that she incorporated one into her costume party. So we got to have costumes AND characters to play. She picked a disco theme that was more fun than I thought it would be, I was given the role of Lola Gaynor, a Vegas showgirl. Searching the internet for costume ideas had me despairing. They were so expensive! Mom was over in October and we decided to hit the Maple Valley goodwill which I had heard was good for costumes. Lo and behold there was the perfect teal lame skating outfit covered in sequined black lace. The whole back was open but the front was very modest which suited me just fine. Then on a hunt for Jeremy's costume I stepped into a costume shop I had noticed directly beneath Mox's Board house is Bellevue. Trin and I were poking around when I saw THE PERFECT headress. I couldn't believe how great it went with my outfit. The final pieces were a pair of free shoes that I blinged out in an art deco design with crystal stickers from Michael's and this can of craft sparkle spray that is used for art but that I simply had mom spray on my tights WHILE WEARING (that is dedication) just before I went out the door. You cannot imagine how hard it is to find nylons that don't have the "support" part on the thighs! I ended getting a good old pair of L'eggs in the oldschool egg shape cardboard so that I didn't have the funny lines across my thighs. The party was hugely successful, there were some hilarious lines said in the impromptu bits, (props to all you guys for letting loose and gettin silly), a super fun disco dance-off, and of course the watching of the original lyp-sinc contest from her 18th bday bash. There may even have been a push-up contest between a certain brother and sister in FULL costume. Hee Hee! I had such a great time with my date, dance champion Tony Tuscadero "I win every dance competition I enter. . .and every one I don't." (insert thick Brooklyn accent)  Here's to another twenty years!

myself and Barry Vahl creator of the rock pet. I kept it on the down low that I was his only living relative. For obvious reasons. . . . .

 me and my honey dance man
one of multiple cast photos. lol 

 terrible picture but his costume was perfection. truly.
he found REAL vintage platform shoes in brown leather. Beyond.

the boys helping get bobby pins out while prepping
 Lola and Frenemie

the whole cast


clowning around

 he was so stinkin' tall with those stupid platforms but my headress still had him beat! lol




come closer. . .come closer. . .too close! a little too close
 there may have been some bets exchanged

. . . that's better (you're forgiven if you don't get the Aladdin reference)
my very own pet rock hand-made by Barry

No comments: