Thursday, December 31, 2015

December

We are in the final day of the month of December. My thermostat is not working and toes are freezing but I'm happy. Why wouldn't I be? Let's recap these last four weeks. I had some scores at antique stores early in the month and had to take a picture of this box of shiny brites for my sister who adores them. Did you know they still make them? Of course they aren't as good as the originals. I almost got the chess set below but it had sold when I went back for it. I learned a lot by researching the pieces. It was a Duncan mold that was popular with ceramicists in the 60-70's. So you can find them in all different colors but it is not common to find them with a custom board like that. I should have got it.
We got our sugar cookie fun started with the Royals at the end of November but as usual succumbed to a second batch of our own. Trinity and I attended our first performance EVER of the Nutcracker this year. We had a good time riding in with our CC friends the Middletons but Trinity said it was a little "weird" and had a pretty good head cold going so was forced to sniffle through it. I rejoiced to get to wear my vintage Mr. Blackwell but I did discover a hole in the sleeve that I am not sure how to fix. We finished up CC in the second week, the kids had earned an ice cream party for beating the board (a math game) and they exchanged books. The next Tuesday the Masters Class had a party and review day. It was fun to get to chat with the other moms and children and not have every minute scheduled with the weekly grammar. We got a little obsessed with sequin ornaments this year so I provided the craft for all the kids and Trin must have made eight or so of them this month. Blake had his school concert and Isaac performed at CBS. The rest of the time up to the Christmas Vacation was spent with our usual appointments plus a plethora or Christmas shopping so we were definitely hopping. I got to sing plenty of Christmas worship which made me happy as I have been out of the loop on that the last several years for various reasons. Sort of dreading but looking forward to taking all the decorations down this weekend. I feel spring cleaning hitting early this year. 2015 was very busy. I had two out of three kids in therapy (one had 5 hours a week!), we took four different road trips over the summer break, we began our homeschooling journey, I grew in my leadership role with worship, I worked on new friendships and am blessed to be seeing fruit in that area that has long been coming. I fell down in a lot of areas, stalled out in others, but persevered time and again in many ways. I suffered through shingles and a MRSA infection. There will always be should have, could have, would haves, but time marches relentlessly on and we are carried along with it. So I'm glad to say I had a wonderful and full December to cap off this crazy year.




 my friend Lindsey Royal and CC buddy Rebecca


 hair cute in prep for nee nee's
 performing at Evergreen hospital



























so many videos, sorry it's really for the grandparents.

No comments: