Monday, December 7, 2015

Snowflake Lane and house decor

It was fun to take the cousins to snowflake lane. We always go the middle of the month of Dec but since they were only here thanksgiving weekend we went the day after Thanks. It was CRAZY. But we human walled a spot for the kids and it was actually kind of fun to torture my crowd-hating father with a half-hour of insanity (not to mention the almost hour it took us to get out of Bellevue)


















and then for the decor for the nee' nee' who is never over here to see the house

 my absolute favorite Jody Bergsma plates
 this is the first year I've put anything on my obmre trees. It's fun to have that extra layer.
 we have fun with our popcorn machine but it's a tree stand for the next two weeks. lol
 The mantle. I've never had the tree in the corner before. Very much enjoying it being out of the way. Never hung that wreath on the other side either because the frames usually have matching decor so that was fun and different. I found some cute COMMAND hooks that look like black closthespins that I hung the stockings with. Those are mine and Jeremy's. 

 Blake enjoying hot chocolate in the chaos
 the pot and plant is my molbaks treat this year
 of course I had to display my old world christmas ornaments
 Blake's ornament addition this year
 Trinity's
 I added the teal back in that has been missing these past few years. I believe the last two Christmases were soft blue like my walls with brown accents, and soft blue with a pop of vintage red. Even though I have the teal you just can't get completely away with no red in my house. There is always a little bit everywhere.

 Isaac's




 simple, simple, simple. Trinity finally got a grown up stocking this year after 11 years of having a teeny tiny knit baby one.

keeping our school spot neat and tidy with just a tablecloth



my room, in the frame is a darling print of Shirley Temple asleep on the chimney with a santa suit on. totes adorbs
those are snowflakes on the metal wallhanging and the mercury lights over the headboards were Jer's idea (smirk). Sort of like a crown for us lol.

 nothing beats vintage ornaments





 swapped out my ocean picture for the gondala again. more Christmas in  feel.


these bears along with a music box on the dining table and the candy cane by the red tree in the front room are my favorite childhood keepsakes from 
Christmases past
 Isaac made the snow globe in preschool last year. love. Thanks mom for the blue poinsettia.
 My mom made the sign. Talented no?


I found a gorgeous coloring book with scriptures so I have it out on the coffee table so that guests can color in it. It's been a very fun addition to our festivities. It might have to become a tradition.

No comments: