Saturday, October 29, 2011

Tree Trimming and Pumpkin Patching

well it might be more like a bush but I had this maple tree/bush thing that was getting a little out of hand on the right side of the house. It completely blocked a window and must have been 10 ft. tall so Jer and I attempted to trim it today. When I went out there to begin I looked down and saw. . well what the heck was that? It took me a minute to make out a couple yucky pieces of fur, two rabbit feet, a fluffy cottontail, and some backbone and jaw (with teeth). On further inspection I also found feathers. SOMETHING is using my maple bush as a late night cafeteria. GROSS. So I put it all in a plastic bag and moved on to my trimming. Of course I was too retarded to take a before and after picture; I just started hacking away. (By the way, I adore odd jobs like this, something about the destructive nature of it for the greater good. . .okay maybe just the straight-up destruction). Jeremy had to get the top/back as I couldn't reach (poor widdle me) but I think I did a good job with the rest. Since it was a nicer day than expected I dragged the kids out and made them help clean up branches. It cracks me up how much they enjoy being outside but you have to absolutely push them out the door. I mean that's crazy. I was outside all the time as a child. (unless being asked to pick green beans, then I was hiding inside) I suggested they use the branches and pretend to be trees. Trin was all over it but blake was worried there were spider webs in them. (pray for him) We finally got him to play along and they had a great time helping us. I even got a few outside shots as the light was so great.
of course they were complete goofballs.

and. . .since the lighting was so good it occurred to me that we should hit the pumpkin patch. Now, I don't particularly care about pumpkins. I would be happy to just let the kids pick one at the supermarket rather than pay the exorbitant price the farms set but. . .you're only 4 1/2 mo. once and who can resist the PHOTO opportunity?!? Jeremy KINDLY let me talk him into going even though he had spent most of the afternoon "making progress" (that's our new pet phrase for my honey-do list). I just had to promise him chocolate chip cookies. lol. So here are the pics from the rest of our fruitful fall afternoon. 

 good lighting does not mean that your subject who can't sit yet will stay still. . .




 me and my girl



 trinity wanted one she could carry. not complaining.
 blake wanted a baby pumpkin. easy on the wallet.

 self-portrait
I think he did that on purpose!!! stinker.

3 comments:

Natalie Minnich said...

baby is jadorable, jer is hotty hotty, you have a new sweater. I can't wait for THanksgiving!!!

lenorediviney said...

you noticed the sweater. sweet. it's actually micro fleece. fuzzy wuzzy.

Me said...

SUPER CUTE! I can't believe how big they're getting, especially the baby! You're right, pumpkin patches + babies = fabulous pictures. I love the ones of all three of them in the yard. Just awwww!