Saturday, October 8, 2011

Rambling - Part 2

Okay, so. . .even though I think I posted part 1 a few days ago the thoughts had taken several days to formulate. So now it is about a week later than my actual "rough day". I am in a much better place mentally. ha ha. Isn't it funny how you can go to bed feeling discouraged and somehow through the night is just sort of seeps out of you and you wake up once more your optimistic self. Thank you Jesus. Okay so, I am once again okay with not being a major blogger/fashionista/career woman. Why, do you ask? The great thing I am learning is that God's purpose isn't forced down any certain path. I am not solely defined by my role as a stay at home mom any more than I would be by the title successful career woman or any other avenue I might venture. I always knew in my heart that when I had children I would not want to work when they were little but that I would put it back on the map when they were all in school. Part of this has to do with how God has gifted me. I have always known He called me to women's ministry and to music. It's just been a certainty in my heart since I was a young married woman and new mother. He has faithfully opened doors for me to minister with my gift through every phase of my life. That cannot be more clear. Still, the things of the world call to me, telling me that time spent doing that is not "worth" what outside work/learning may be. Let's get to the REAL bottom line however. The real reason I feel better today is this, "How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! the reason the world does not know us is because it did not know Him." - 1 John 3:1     That's it. My purpose is to seek His kingdom first. It supersedes whether I mother, work, tour (oh, the dreams!), whatever! If am seeking Him, God will show me when it's time to be "out there" in the work world and even better, He will open doors to it! It's so easy to lose sight of the peace you can have in waiting on the Lord. So, no I don't always feel confident in my "self" but thank heavens I can look at it from God's perspective. In HIS timing, He is faithful to complete the work He began in me. Amen! gosh I've been at so many places in my mind this week that anyone who reads this is probably not going to follow me at all. That's okay, sometimes you just need to write things down so you can go back to it and encourage yourself.

No comments: