Saturday, July 9, 2011

AK and US!!!!!

okay, so that stands for Alison Krauss and Union Station, and yes we saw them live last night at Marymoor Park in Redmond, Wa! Of course they were just as good as you would think. After all, they have been playing together for 21 years she said. wow! Jeremy and I were in the lower percentile age demographic. I was suprised that there were not more young people there. (what is wrong with you young people!?)  I have shortened their band name just in case I get in trouble for posting vids since that is totally frowned upon. LOL, I doubt there are internet police monitoring blogs so closely. The camera wouldn't focus on the stage anyway so you get to stare at my pants while you listen. Exciting. AK was hilarious, she began the night by sharing some little tidbits about her, like one school dance she went to where the boy's mother gave them a coupon for KFC. random I know. Somehow this led to her introduction of the banjo/guitar player (ack, can't remember that ones name). She asked him about his school dances and he shared he didn't go to dances because he was a So_Cal kid that wore a banjo belt buckle and listened to the stanley brothers from virginia (apparently not cool). That made us all laugh and throughout the evening every few songs she would introduce another band member who promptly shared that he too had a banjo belt buckle (dan timinski's was leather so it wouldn't scratch his banjo) but the bass player took the cake because apparently he had a collection of belt buckles and his favorite was a banjo and guitar with necks crossed that said "bluegrass"! Even AK couldn't stop laughing at their antics and jokes. Are the buckle stories true? who knows, but it made us feel connected to these down-home musicians in a real way which is always important for an intimate concert atmosphere to thrive.
I have posted some pics and vids for your enjoyment and (just so you know) I am officially in love with Dan Timinsky (otherwise known as the singing voice of George Clooney in O Brother Where Art Thou). Jeremy and I are willing to consider a peaceable trade for a brief period of time. You know, me for AK and him for DT. Just for a little while. . .so we can jam. mwahahahaaaaa (I'll get the tambourine, dear!) warning: the vids take a moment to come up.
Thanks Luke and Lindsay for enjoying the evening with us and saving us seats!
look ma! no baby!
me and my honey



thar they be!
the moon over the venue.

2 comments:

Natalie Minnich said...

triadic. oops. I just posted the word I'm supposed to type so it will post this.
Well, thoroughly enjoyed the vids. little sad. not gonna lie. would have loved it. made the right choice though I think. What would Mattie have done without me?
loved watching Jers foot shaking like crazy to the music

jeremy and lenore diviney said...

OMG I can't believe you picked up on that! I totally called him on it. "Look how calm my feet are and you're psycho foot won't stop bouncing". =)