Monday, May 9, 2011

The Lord does use Starbucks.

okay funny story. this is of course at my expense but when the Lord puts it in front of your nose like that you have to acknowledge a lesson learned right? some of you know that in order to fund a child through world vision I made the committment to not purchase ANY coffee for one year. I figured between my drinks and the chocolate milks and scones I was now expected to purchase for my eager beavers that it would total about the right amount per month needed. I won't say I have a perfect record but I have been good and with a few friends occasional generosity and mom/nat's when they visit I really haven't missed the coffees. Okay, except the other day when the sun finally came out and I wanted a frap SOOOOOO bad.
Alright, making a short story long here. . .so it's mothers day and jeremy buying me a coffee on the way to church is my present. Hey, I'm moving and about to have a baby, I don't have time to fuss about mother's day you know what I mean? get me coffee and to church on time and I am a happy woman.
In the drive through, the car in front of us has a snazzy vanity plate saying something about "putting on the fritz" and then basically advertising that particular winery. It's a nice white mercedes sedan and I can see the driver gesticulating to the barista and trying to give her a free drink coupon. For SOME reason (perhaps crazy pregnant hormones??) I start a rant about "why do rich people need coupons?" and "why don't you give that to the pregnant woman in the chrysler town and country that is moving the next weekend" and "look at that, I can't believe he is arguing with the woman about getting to use his rewards, how lame?" and blah. blah, blah. fast forward to my turn at the window when the barista lets me know what my NEW total is because the person ahead of me had PAID for one of my drinks.

oops.

The husband is nice enough NOT to laugh at me and manages to keep his amusement to a smirk. I feel properly chastised about my BAD 'tude and ask out loud as we pull out that the "Lord forgive me a poor and pathetic sinner my poor and pathetic behavior. . ." when I realized that I was probably supposed to PASS THE GOOD GIFT ON!!!! double whammie. double guilt. double confession. It's probably a good thing we got to church on time. Apparently, I needed some Holy Spirit intervention. lol

2 comments:

Natalie Minnich said...

love ma a good learning moment. especially when it involves a frap!

Anonymous said...

Lenore, Love this story! Good luck on your move. We are going to miss you guys.:)