Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Superwomen?!

Here is the link to one of my favorite blogs.
http://thefarmchicks.typepad.com/

She is a gal local to where I grew up and she is doing amazing things with her business, FARM CHICKS. I follow her blog and find it absolutely amazing that on top of raising her family and running a business she finds time to BLOG about it. I mean, who are we kidding? I've had delusions of grandeur before about starting up a business of some kind, perhaps I even made the effort to blog about my future plans/ideas but to actually accomplish it and then blog about it? Yeah, hasn't happened yet. I've always known I'm not an ambitious person but sometimes I wonder if it doesn't border on laziness. I've always assumed that if I found something I was really passionate about I would find a way to make it happen, whatever "it" was.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/note.php?note_id=140132931688

That has not happened either. That being said. . .
I am so impressed by these "do it all" type women and I intend not to beat myself up but to use it as inspiration.
Okay, so that was the idea. Then Jeremy gets home and tells me about his new employee (a female, I knew that) she has already begun a company on her own (that is successful - some sort of jewelry sorter/holder, I knew that too) and has two children (pumps breastmilk for the 10 mo. old), did NOT know that) and only wants to work four days a week so she can manage company/family/ two jobs but has a killer background in marketing and wants to do great things for bill4time. say what?!? enough already! You're killing me. No more uber moms! I would NEVER say that I hope they are one step away from a nervous breakdown because that is terrible and I don't really wish it however. . . I want the red bull they MUST be drinking. oh yeah. that must be it. you think?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lenore I love you. You are awesome at what you do. Don't beat yourself up about other moms. It is easy to do. Those who are too busy are missing out on the small things of their children, husbands and friends. :) Hannah

Natalie Minnich said...

Busyness can be just that, busyness. Sometimes being busy is the "red bull" in someones life. They thrive on it. This, however, is coming from the woman who is the ultimate in laziness. Someone who rewards herself with half an hour of personal time after doing something ridiculously easy like emptying the dishwasher.

Natalie Minnich said...

It's also very much a personality thing. Not so much a lazy or motivated thing, as a what makes us happy and what makes us tick thing

jeremy and lenore diviney said...

yes I agree with that. personality has a lot to do with it

Jen Schmidt said...

LOL I'd have to say that you are pretty amazing all by yourself. You don't need to have a crazy busy life to make an impact. My daughter already adores you and she only see's you once a week! :-)

jeremy and lenore diviney said...

hee hee, I am trying to remember which one she is?? I will give her a special "hi!" =)