Friday, July 18, 2014

Half-way Here

day to day I'm accomplishing most of my to-dos
boxes are checked off my list
but I opened the book of Romans today to get my daily reading in
I felt I was reading a foreign language / I just couldn't seem to make a connection

My friend invited me to study Hebrews with her on the website
"She Reads Truth"
Wow, just that phrase - - - makes my heart-rate accelerate - - -
I didn't realize I needed the reminder of what I believe about God's word

I just studied Hebrews six months ago and well did I give
my attention to the words of warning,
how easy it is to drift. . .
I FEEL like I haven't seen the shore for a while

I want to plant my feet in the sand of devotion

I get all the other stuff done
but I'm only halfway here

bring me near. bring me near.

1 comment:

Rose said...

Yes! I often feel the same in general and about Hebrews specifically, so we'll see how it goes.