Wednesday, September 7, 2011

always updating. nothing stays the same

do you think that's true? I feel like some things are frozen in time while other things fly around me like atoms in a (insert some scientific rigamorole here because my husband would be embarrassed if I bungled a scientific example). You know what I mean? baby Isaac just turned three months today. I already can't remember exactly what he looked like as a newborn. I should have taken more pictures. Time has flown by yet here I sit on the computer cruising blogs and pinterest day in and day out because my little catnapper doesn't seem to give me enough time to accomplish anything truly productive. It seems like I am a stone statue at my computer always clicking, clicking, clicking. It's a poor substitute for being out there doing things but let's face it. I spend much less money doing this than hitting the stores and after all there is not much else I want to do. (I mean really someone around here must need a personal shopper that would be willing to watch three children while I do their shopping, right?) actually it's not like it's ALL I want to do. I do enjoy reading, dinking on the piano, and other activities (you know some day open an awesome boutique coffee shop like Shanty *holler) all of which however I feel detract from the brief time I have when baby is happy to actually give attention to my two older children. I know it's just for a time. New babies are naturally quite demanding and so they should be. I do still get frustrated. I feel like going for a jog (crazy I know) but the timing just never seems to happen. I want to spend quiet time with the Lord but it's the one morning in the week the baby is up early. All you moms know the drill. insert your similar issues here. Ha Ha, I am so distracted these days I am forgetting where I was going with all this. For example I put three of blake's shirts in the trash today and the diaper was almost in the washing machine before I realized what I was doing. lol. oh yeah, I remember. The point was to say that now that trinity is in school I have been wanting to begin preschool activities with Blake. Unfortunately he is already a video game addict. So today when I asked him to stop and he didn't listen I said "okay, but you have to go to storytime at the library tomorrow because you aren't doing preschool with mommy today". Um say what?! did I just threaten my child with an educational oppurtunity if he didn't stop his recreational one?? eegads. That was sooooo the wrong way around. I almost made it sound like it would be a punishment. Trinity loved her preschool storytimes at the library but here is a time I need to "update" to the needs of blake who is of course his own little person. I need to figure out how to get him excited about the same things that trinity was naturally excited about. hmmm, tough. I'm going to work on that. So to sum up, I am always updating and nothing stays the same. I guess it's true. Stay posted because in the spirit of updating I will be whacking my hair off to boyish lengths next wednesday. So excited! wow, I am so RANDOM. pull it together girl and go get dinner on.

2 comments:

Lynne' said...

Random.. totally understand that. The older kids ask for help for something and I help them and then clean half of something and then the baby needs me so I nurse and read a book and then get her to sleep and then am like.. what was I cleaning now that I can get back to it? I have no idea. ;)

Natalie Minnich said...

loved the blog post. laughed out loud. almost. but that would be weird because people don't laugh when they are by themselves when they are at the computer do they?? hmmm