Wednesday, June 8, 2016

May!

Omgosh I didn't even realize I hadn't blogged May. HA! That should give you an idea of how nutty it was. I don't have pictures of much from the month so I will be scrambling a little to remember. Trinity received her official combination ADD / ADHD with generalized anxiety diagnoses so we took that back to her original psych who said "see I told you that;s what she had". Well yes you did but now I have a 25 page report with tons of helpful info instead of just one opinion. So we have landed on a medication to try. Would love to see some improved focus and emotional regulation! Also we have been using melatonin now and then to help her get to sleep. Once asleep she is sound asleep until morning but it has been taking her hours to fall asleep and that affects her ability to focus as well. It's very effective but I want to use it minimally. Blake as well has been having difficulty falling asleep. On nights I put them to bed they are read to and generally should have time to calm down and unwind but maybe our routine needs to start earlier. It will be easier when it is summer they can stay up just a little later and there won't be homework to take up all that time. Also Trinity completed her first standardized testing this month. I learned a little about how it works and feel like it's a decent enough representation of where she is at to satisfy myself and Jeremy that (as he put it) we aren't "ruining" her. Ha! Trinity also became pretty active in girl scouts and will be on her second campout the weekend of my birthday in June. She has a love/hate relationship with the meetings as they are weekly and often don't accomplish much however she does love that they provide time with her goofy group of friends from public school. Jeremy and I celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary. I took him to Bliss reflexology and it was an exercise in torture for the both of us. The guy I got was NEXT LEVEL rough. I think he thought he was training me for the Olympic gymnast team or something! So we had a good laugh about that because while I always has a moment of mind over matter (I just don't like the foot part) it usually does feel really great. At least I get him to try new things! Isaac did his final performance at CBS standing by his friend Capper. So funny the two of them! May was filled with playdates and parties. We did a blitz trip to my brother Zack's fortieth birthday party.  Mishael did a great job of setting up games and we had a blast with our old friends from the east side as usual. We just love all of you guys! We also went on a bit of a nutty house hunt. I decided it was time to make some upgrades to our home so when I got a few bids from carpenters Jeremy thought that money might be better used towards a new home since we could still use a dedicated office space and a three car garage. Well after multiple open houses and watching million dollar homes get snapped up on Redfin for all cash offers within 24 hours of posting Jer became much more amenable to my plans. Mwahaha. However now our carpenters our booked through fall so I have many plans with no one to execute them. Sigh. To add to the craziness Blake was playing spring basketball so he had two practices a week with games on Saturday on top of their Parkour and Trinity's choir/girlscouts. On the weekends we were busy furniture and van shopping. A couch is just a necessity at this point as well as a new van. So the couch will come before the remodel and hopefully we picked something neutral enough to fit into any new design. It should be here June 15th I can NOT wait. However the van shopping has not been as successful. No hot deals and I wanted to test drive a few different options just to see if we really wanted to get a newer version of our same van or what. I'm pretty over it at this point and told Jeremy to go get me anything that won't break down for a long long time. Last but not least we booked a summer vacation on the Jersey Shore for a week. I had already booked some time at Seabrook on the Washington coast when Jeremy's partner said they would pay for the rental if we get the flights. I still get the beach and the kids get exposure to the east coast. Okay by me! Now to set up all the camps etc. that will fill the rest of summer. Oh and I took a tiny job at church to help out the worship leader so that is now part of my regular duties.
Whew!
This was supposed to be food coloring and glue "nail polish" but you know Trinity she is very "hands on" lol

lots of glitter in there

we got a family membership at the Y
furniture I liked from a million + home we checked out
Our friends the middletons were part of the blue goo fun
this was my breakfast when we went to mom for Zack's bday. Natalie had recently baked a ton of scones for the mother's day tea at church and I begged her to throw a few in the freezer for me since I never bake. thanks Nat
you'll see farther down that Laura and the fam hung out one day so we got to take them to the new lower boardwalk
Trinity made the sewing mat to hold her tools at her latest sewing class
kiddos being cute
Berries already ripening. Unbelievable
Where's Isaac
This is the only picture taken on the blitz trip to the 40th
a potential bookshelf for either side of the fire place
Hi Alex and Laura!

No comments: