Thursday, January 8, 2015

New Year, New Oppurtunities

It's that sort of day. The kind you want to do so many things at once you need three of yourself. I'm slowly gathering all the Christmas items to put away before the weekend arrives and having the kids write thank yous for presents, That should really wrap up the holiday season. I'm feeling the urge to blog and write some songs! So many little thoughts, I need to start using my voice memos on my phone and record them so I can put them into proper shape and blog them, duh! Otherwise (what usually happens) is a large spewing of thoughts and ideas with no particular order. Aha! I just found my New Year's Resolution, "capture the moment" and "use time wisely".
So this post is pre-resolution hee hee. You're going to get the full mommy brain version. I mean today I went into the post office to mail a package, forgot my wallet, went back out for the wallet, mailed the package, went back to the car. . .and realized another letter I meant to throw in the box was still in my hand. . . .yeah. . .that brain.
Let's think back to last years resolutions and hair-brained ideas.
Making the most of Trinity:
God be praised there has been growth socially and academically. This year we'll REALLY have to focus on behavior and one of the big decision we have made in that area is to homeschool. 6th grade is a crazy formative year and I intend to make the most of it. She is brimming with potential and I want to unlock it to the best of my ability. So thankful to the teachers and close friends that have built up her confidence tremendously in the last three years. I would like to continue finding the good in the difficult and I think this year will strengthen our mother-daughter bond to a new level.
Blake the Contrarian (is that a word):
Not much change here. That is frustrating to say the least but it just gives me more motivation for this year. Best intentions are never a bad thing but I failed by about June to consistently implement my own objectives and so many of our issues remain the same. He is playing basketball right now and got a circuit playset for Christmas that has captivated him. He has declared video games "boring" right after dropping $40 of his own money on a game Isaac had broken years ago that He had wanted to replace for some time. I would think someone has replaced him with a robot Blake except for his impulsive nature which remains intense, fully human, and a very interesting parenting challenge.
Isaac the Great:
Has made the most progress! He is just a sponge. I struggled so much with the thought of putting him in preschool, it was something I had never felt the need for with the older two and I balked at the idea BIGTIME. I think there may have been tears shed. In may he was diagnosed with ASD. Next month we might finally begin his ABA (Autism Specific) therapy. I can't wait to see what changes this brings as he is already so bright and happy. I expect great things. We potty trained him around his birthday, he is still a picky eater, and still charms everyone. Things seem pretty on track really for him.
Jeremy my hot man: (or so he put himself in my contact list years ago)
Not sure I had much resolutions for Jer. We do pretty well. =) He spent much of the end of the year having an office space in his same building renovated to his speculations. There are now twelve employees in it.  Four customer service reps are in a separate office in Philadelphia run by Jer's longest running employee Kristen. Things continue to make progress and Jer as always has eyes and ears open for new projects. He is currently trying to decide on what new car to lease when his Volt is up in April, lol. I would love to get away with him to the ocean at some point this year but then again the beach seems like no fun without presents. Did I say presents? I have no idea where that came from, Boy you get distracted by Downton Abbey for one minute and your subconscious exposes your true state. I meant kids.

and I plan to continue throwing a penguin classic in there now and then. I think I read about 10 from the list. At this rate I will need to live past one hundred to accomplish the goal. hee hee

No comments: