Saturday, August 9, 2014

Summer Fun (and the not so fun)

the funniest swim video I ever had















just a little fun at one of the local swimming holes. . .

catching Planes 2: Fire and Rescue at the teeny tiny local theatre

 best buddies together if only for a #dayinSeattle

 Trin's favorite shoes












BFFs forever

These are just some of the fun things we have been doing this summer. I got five and a half cups off my blueberry bush. Summer marches on and we have one more big trip to my parents the end of August just to hang and have some fun with loved ones. 

The not so fun of summer. . .wanting to tear my hair out because the level of sass just hit the roof with two older ones home all day and parenting the right way as usual, takes too much time but must be done anyway so that long list of to-dos get ticked off a whole lot slower, which can make you feel like your spinning your wheels, which makes you avoid the grown up things in favor of the selfishly childish things like "everybody just go away so I can nap/read" except that that isn't ANYTHING my children would ever say.

Also, I'm not doing so well with my not yelling goal. lol. Although I do find myself still being more patient and waiting it out than I was at the beginning of the year when I made the goal, I don't really have a good excuse for falling into old habits. 

I'm at an impasse with Isaac's therapy. I know we need to get his ABA going but we are appealing the insurance company rejection and now I have heard that the office we were planning to do therapy through might have dishonest billing practices which is great if you want your insurance to cover it but not great if you don't like that sort of gray area thing. 

In my yearly reading I just finished 2 Chronicles. Those Kings of Judah that sought the Lord wholeheartedly. They inspire me in this season. 

No comments: