Saturday, August 23, 2014

Remlinger Farms

The last time we were here Blake was Isaac's age. These pictures may be out of order but we all had a great day together. I love family days where you get to do something special.










 telling us all about the horsey ride
 Isaac's pony "raisin"


 ha ha, caught Jeremy sticking his tongue out being silly trying to get Blake (who was TERRIFIED) to have fun



















 They all LOVED these things, and all wanted pictures of themselves posing at EACH one. . .

 Trinity LOVED screaming on the first downhill of this baby roller-coaster

and on another random note, I love connecting with the older ladies at church. Not sure why except that not many folks do so I guess I feel I like should be double on it since the Lord brings those people to me. Millie (roughly 91 years young) always has a perfectly coiffed grey bun and delightful outfits. She lives with her daughter Merry. We served together one evening at the North Bend nursing home. I hadn't seen them in a while so when I noticed Millie in the car waiting for Merry, I stopped to chat. Turns out they had been out of town. I was describing my amazing MR Blackwell vintage dress and cape I had scored at a local thriftstore to Millie when Merry came in on the conversation. She had two dresses that her grandmother had knit for her mother (millie) when Merry was a toddler. So the fifties? Anyyway, they had both worn these dresses but no longer fit them and would  I be interested in them? They had been stored for 50 years. Um, YES!
I had no idea what to expect but I was gifted the two most amazing dresses that I have ever seen. The handwork is ridiculous. There is NOTHING on these that wasn't knit. On like a size 0 needle. I can't even imagine. So grateful I made a connection that brings life, beauty, and wearable HISTORY.  Also, I will totally be busting these out at church regardless of if I look like I'm from the wrong era. Trinity said they make me look like an old lady, I said, "No honey, they make me look like a LADY". Thanks for thinking of me, Merry and Millie! (please disregard disaster bedroom, its the only place I have a full length mirror.)







No comments: