Monday, April 1, 2013

Cool Find

Tonight I found a link that contained a round table discussion of how they (staff at Penguin Classics) decided on the TOP TEN PENGUIN CLASSICS.
http://www.us.penguingroup.com/static/pages/features/tenessentialclassics/

I have only read three:
Hamlet
Jane Eyre
Pride and Prejudice

I promptly signed up for the newsletter, liked Penguin Classics on facebook, and wrote an email how my mind was just recently blown by the book Adam Bede - by George Eliot. I know of (her) novel Middle March  because they did it in a PBS series but I didn't know about this book. It was really large so I was somewhat daunted to start it as a busy mom but it was Jane Austenish (my new word) in style and so I plunged in. Turns out though that the subject matter is every bit as delightful as Jane's but with some serious twists thrown in that I did NOT see coming. SO WORTH THE READ. After I told them all this I mentioned I was going to read all of them (yes I was totally hinting that maybe they could help me out). This little gem of a find has prompted me to research if others have already accomplished what I am setting out to do. That's my next rabbit trail. . . .

No comments: