Thursday, January 24, 2013

New Room - part 1

This fall we decided to put a fourth bedroom in. Whenever we have company we have to put Isaac in a pack-n-play in our room with us and I do NOT love it. So now we will have a space for guests and this summer when Isaac moves out of his crib we will put him on the bottom bunk and make it a boys room and move trin into Isaac's old room and she will get her own big girl room. She is going to be NINE after all. *I roll my eyes because I didn't have my own room until I was like 16. What better way to add a room then to have a good friend pack up all his tools, drive across the state, and pay him to do it! So Daniel got busy but not so busy that we didn't have time for multiple rounds of Acquire with MUCH tea and Krispy Kremes. NOT good for my sugar diet. Daniel's favorite color is blue so to entice him to paint the whole bedroom for me and not just the wall and closet he built I picked a dark blue called DEEP ROYAL. Just kidding I would have picked blue anyway and I'm pretty sure he would have painted it whatever I picked. Did you notice even his nail gun has a blue chord? hee hee. 10 days later we have a room and nothing that looks good in it. SHOPPING! Jeremy was upset that I might spend another couple grand outfitting the place, I said a couple hundred would probably do it and just to count it toward the remodel cost instead of feeling like I was purely  spending for fun. I mean I can't have a guest in a blue room with an avacado green and maroon floral heritage quilt on the bed can I? #firstworldproblems  I am going to give you a sneak peek but don't you dare count this post complete until part 2 where I hopefully unveil an amazing room of budget-friendly finds that you will instant buy plane tickets just to sleep in! lol.





No comments: