Thursday, January 31, 2013

Creativity

I must say Jeremy has really been stepping it up helping the kids out with all the "creative" things they think up. Trinity especially is ALWAYS full of ideas whereas Blake is more the stand back and watch type. She came running to me the other day begging me to let her make a baby swing. Now that we have a room for the guests Isaac has much more space in his room so I was encouraging them to make that a playroom as well. I dragged the bookcase of toy baskets and children's books into the room and put the bin of trains in there. Trinity decided it would be her new baby daycare. Her idea was not bad but what will I make a swing from? She already had that planned. She would use the "tunnel" entrance to the tiger tent Isaac got for his birthday. Okay well how would I put it up? I can't reach the ceiling. I told her to ask her father. Jeremy picked up her enthusiasm and got a role of masking tape out, helped her cut yarn to tie to the toggle handles and Viola!
 the baby daycare
 the toys along the wall
 baby swing in action. she insists they be that way so as not to fall out
we'll see how long the tape holds. . .

Now, I wouldn't say I'm a tape all over the ceiling/wall sort of woman. . .ah who am I kidding it's my favorite way to put any and all decorations up and all of the kids artwork to boot. I was happy that Jeremy was willing to help her out. Trinity and Blake happily played daycare; which included doctoring them when they became sick and running thorough "danger drills" where I had to be the "bad guy" who banged on the door and waited a moment before entering to find the children and their baby doll charges miraculously hidden from view (behind and under the crib). I approve anything that gets them playing together that doesn't include some sort of screen time. Jeremy also helped the kids launch the Mento Fountain that Blake received for Christmas. Apparently Mentos mixed with diet soda create a soda fountain rocketing into the sky. Blake was too nervous to pull the string so Trinity took advantage of his hesitation. Now that Blake has seen the result I think he will want to pull the string that drops the mentos should I indulge them and purchase more soda and candy purely for fun/waste. Oh please who drinks diet soda anyway? gross.



I am really enjoying these kids as they start experimenting and they sure love seeing their ideas become reality. I'm also very happy Jeremy enjoys that sort of thing as it is not my expertise.

No comments: