Wednesday, July 18, 2012

summer project

Okay. so Pinterest is definitely a blessing and a curse. I tried cake pops for the first time for Isaac's birthday and they turned out awesome! Inspired from Pinterest. I hope to make a "punch box" from a how-to on Pinterest for Trinity's birthday party next week. Remember that old price is right game where you win a certain amount of punches and then you punch through the hole and see what money you got? same idea but with little toys and prizes. We'll see how that goes. Also I was quite bored with my dining room chairs. so blah, the light wood matched the floor, matched the table, matched the cabinets. . .you get the idea. So I decided after repinning a spray-paint basics how to that I would attempt to paint them rather than purchase new because frankly we can't afford new. Well after completely destroying my garage and driveway with red paint I succeeded. (not to mention I didn't even THINK about the fact that my furnace is in the garage and NOT enclosed so guess what I was wiping off my kitchen countertops and pantry items, etc? Yup. Red paint. Somehow it still managed to come through the vents even though no heat/air was actually on. Man are they bright! Apple Red it's called but more like Fire Engine Screaming Blinding Red. It will take a while to get used to them but you can't call them boring! =) Summer project down, one more birthday to go and we are good until Christmas! wahoo!
 priming
 beginning coat of red, like any red paint it required many coats, the guy at the store said one can for two chairs. it turned out to be more like two cans for one chair. maybe I'm just heavy-handed with paint. I get that from my father. . .note the red floor that is NOT covered by the drop cloth.
 finally in the house!
FYI the lighting totally tones these babies down. ha ha. that looks like a nice calm tomato. no siree. blinding bull-angering red. um, I guess I will be in style for the Olympics. Go America!

No comments: