Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Laura and Eric's Wedding

Saturday was an epic day for me. Well, actually for my friend Laura. Laura the girl I've been friends with since kindergarten and who the kids call "auntie". Not many friends go back that far but we do and to see her get hitched to such a great guy was tops on my list of favorite days. Sunny ceremony in a park on the sound, followed by a marina reception for the captain and doctor. =) Good times seeing old friends and meeting the motley crew that supported the bride and groom on their big day was just plain fun. (that seems like a poorly written sentence but oh well).  They did a sing-along at the reception that went particularly well and filled us in on some of the more quirky parts of their courtship. Then the morning after we all  gathered for breakfast and continued just enjoying the love. Great weekend, and a truly great friend. She is the bunt to my pitch, the snow to my snowman, the car to my road-trip, okay this is getting weird (only laura will understand those) but mostly is just means that Laura, I love you and I couldn't be happier for you and yes "I do" pledge to rock with you at the old folks home in our old age and "remember when". Cheers!






















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome post, Lenore! So glad you and the family could be there! xoxo -Eric