Friday, June 22, 2012

Catching Up

unfortunately I am blogging from my mother's comuputer so I don't have a pic of trinity heading to her last day of second grade to share. I looked at the picture I took on her first day of second grade and can't believe the difference in my little girl! I will share it as soon as I get home, or maybe Jeremy can email it to me and I can post it, a few weeks after school is out isn't too late right? Anyway, two days after her last day we were piled in the car to spend some time at my moms. Not much to do this summer, which I am loving. Trinity has a camp in July, we have a friends wedding, and blake has a short camp in august so I thought what better way to kill some summer time than at my parents? Who wouldn't love ten acres of trees and grass, not to mention ponds to splash in and sprinklers to run in, and an auntie and uncle next door with a whole farm of animals? The kids definately needed a cousin fix as well. PLUS. . . . .my nephew Ben was born last thursday! he is soooo squishy. I'm in love. The only drawback to this visit is I didn't take into account the difficulty of Isaac's adventurous age. I have spent most of my time keeping him from diving headfirst into my mom parent's waterfall/pond. =) Yesterday we went into Riverfront Park and the kids rode some of the rides and we had shaved ices, yum! Trinity rode the dragon rollercoaster by herself and went from smiling and waving at the beginning to nearly screaming her head off in fright as we went around the few loops it had. Bit off a little more than she could chew I think but she came off triumphant and high fived us but added "next time I will take someone big WITH me". lol. Blake was especially leary of the rides. He enjoyed the tug boat but flinched when it first took off. He rode the sizzler with me and trinity and put his hand over his mouth three times saying afterward "I thought I was going to throw up". SO GLAD he didn't. He went for seconds on the airplane ride but never pulled the stick to make it go up. Somehow in delusional Blake land he thought he was an ace pilot because he came skipping off it saying "I went WAY higher than Trinity". Say what? He never moved that plane an inch upward, hee hee. After the rides we walked over the bridge crossing the river to the Flour Mill, and I showed them the restaurant that daddy has proposed to me in front of and how we had eaten there after. Trinity wanted to know why I remembered it so well. I said you always remember special stuff like that well. At least I hope I do, that is why I try to capture days like yesterday on the blog. Here are some pics of the fun!












No comments: