Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mothers Day to Me!

 
Well I must say that Isaac kicked off my mothers day perfectly by sleeping through the night for the FIRST time in his life!!!! 8:30 p.m. to 7:20 a.m.  ahhhhhh. I made Jeremy get up and check him at 6 because of course I was awake waiting for him to need me. So the sleeping through the night was great and even better Jeremy got up with him and stayed up with him until he napped at 9:30. I slept until 10, showered, took the two older kids to Starbucks and enjoyed a wonderful Sunday morning coffee and kiddo time and was back before Isaac woke up because he napped for TWO HOURS. (Who took my baby??) Then we packed up a picnic lunch and headed to Rattlesnake Lake which is nearby. I am trying to get to know the area we have lived in for a year a little better which means more exploring! The parking was RIDICULOUS because everyone had our same idea but Jeremy scored a spot in the shade at an odd angle that squeezed us in with plenty of room. He was quite proud and took pics as proof. The lake is small but very blue and pretty in the way teensy lakes are. The kids had fun splashing and we all had Henry Weinhards as a special treat. Isaac is so chill about everything. The other two as babies would have screamed or jerked their feet out of the water if we tried to dangle them in but Isaac stood right in the water and was totally relaxed about it. He is that way with animals too whereas my other two would have been afraid. I hope that points to a chill personality! Anyway back to my day. Jeremy changed all the poopy daiperss, and we had dinner at Flying Saucer Pizza, a totally fun sci-fi themed pizza joint in Redmond. Jeremy also got me an ACTUAL mother's day card. NO jokes or cheesy lines. Perfection. I worked out four days this week, and finished memorizing James Chapter 3, yay me! I am so blessed to have this amazing family. You can't shout loud enough some days that God is good and although we didn't make it to church because Isaac has thrush and I can't let him chew on their toys I was still singing God's praises all day long. Pics of our good time. . .

 it's funny how you always get funny looks drinking these root beers
 Blake kept saying he wanted to go home because of the bugs. Me thinks he doth protest too much.
 two weeks from 9 years of wedded bliss.

 people had actually hiked up there. you could see them. scary.
 itty
 bitty
 Rattlesnake Lake






 so easygoing
 shoes off and in the water. progress.
 oh yeah, loving it now

 turn head away. throw rock. probably not the best plan.

 yeah! I love lakes!
 blow a kiss?
 yay!
 how cute am I??
 thiiiiiiis cute!
 cool old tree thingy
 the fabulous parking spot
 as you can see we didn't exactly parallel park like the rest


2 comments:

Natalie Minnich said...

oh man! that looks like a great day! I didnt even really take any pics yesterday. I wish that I had had my camera at church to capture the kids singing their song. The girls are so amazing! We have a whole choir of them! That pic of Trin throwing the rock nearly killed me. Blake was being ridiculously cute and Yes, he ALWAYS protests too much!! ;)

Rose said...

Rattlesnake the hike is actually ready great and the top is not scary at all. I bet Trin and Blake could do out next year even. It's sport of steep at places, but short and easy to hi at a slow pace. It is one of my favorite area hikes.