Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Getting on with it

The new year is in full swing and there are several resolutions in progress. Sadly, I seem to have lost my copy of Boundaries with Kids on the return trip from my mother's at christmas so boo to that, I was only halfway through. I will have to go buy another one I guess.  I haven't forgotten the desire to put up house rules and get going on some sort of reward system that has more to do with spontaneous praise and observation of good behavior than "yay, you did what you are supposed to do anyway". I hope to have the rules up by end of month but then Jer and I haven't gotten together to agree on them yet (could be interesting). Also, I have begun my reading through the bible in one year and am up to date so far (wahoo! 11 days). In addition to reading it I am writing down every question I can think of while I read. Mostly for curiosity's sake. Call me a doubting Thomas, but the scriptures have always held for me great highs and some lows. It will be nice as I read to give these to God. I began my Beth Moore study on tuesday. The woman is truly anointed and I can't wait for the next session. I can finally mostly hear again and my symptoms are down to a slightly sore throat and occasional sniffing. There are so many friends I haven't been able to get out and visit since I've been sick! Special shout-out to Hannah for watching the boys today so I could get my hair cut and thank you as well to Laura who watched them so the hubs and I could get dinner out. In other parenting news, Isaac is "chair surfing" over the cross-bars of the dining chairs, trinity is joining a friendship group at school, and Blake is stubborn as ever, (earned himself about an hour in his room because he wouldn't do a 2 minute time out for mommy). I've got to get that parenting book again ASAP. I think that brings us full circle for now. Of course there is always loads more on my mind but who could decipher that jumbled mess?

2 comments:

Natalie Minnich said...

I bet I could decifer that jumbled mess!hah!

lenorediviney said...

I bet you could. =)