Monday, August 16, 2010

Mt. Rainier

This weekend we attempted to improve our luck on seeing Mt. Rainier in all it's summer glory and we succeeded! It was yet again a free weekend at the national park so (like last year) I was sure we would be driving for an hour just to get a parking spot. I said "Lord, open a spot". Thirty feet from the main lodge we were forced to stop because of traffic flow (or lack thereof) and a family walks across the street in front of us and gets in their car! "NO way, I can't believe this", I say as I parallel the van into the spot. I remind Jeremy that I said a prayer and he says well what about the guy behind us? to which I smartly replied well either He didn't pray or sometime God says" Wait" and sometimes He says "it's your turn" and today is my turn! lol. I was so frustrated that we forgot our camera becuase the whole mountain was crystal clear. We could even see camp muir, the base for the climbers that summit rainier. It was a really gorgeous day topped off by enjoying dinner with jeremy's dad and family. I shopped this photo off the internet so you wouldn't feel left out. ha ha.
oh yea, it's that pretty. and the lodge at Paradise is much closer than this shot

3 comments:

Joel A. Shaver said...

Hey! We were there too! Too bad we didn't run into you.

Me said...

beautiful! I remember reading about your last trip - was it really a year ago??! Glad you had a fun trip!

Daniel and Natalie said...

lame! I can't believe you forgot your camera!!!!!!! At least you didn't forget your mother like someone else we know. hahhahahahahah!