Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Camping in Bend, OR

well this was quite the travel weekend. A full day's drive on friday saw us arriving at our campground at Tumalo State Park about 5:00 p.m. We set up camp and had a great time the next few hours explorin the site and eating campfire cookin! Unfortunately, it was about 9:30 when a terrible cold hit me out of nowhere. I used an entire box of tissues in one night and slept terrible. Didn't seem to phase the kids though, as I walked trinity to the bathroom saturday morning to brush out teeth she declared it the best experience of her entire life. She kept that conviction the whole weekend. lol. Saturday we drove to Tumalo Falls and I have posted a few pictures of it. So Pretty! I was ridiculously hopped up on Benadryl Allergy and went through another whole box of kleenex but at least I slept better that night. I must say I love being outdoors at all hours, there are so many novelties about the different times of day that usual pass while I am inside. I do love sitting at a campfire as well, at least when I can breathe. Sunday we went to the High Desert Museum in the morning. It was pretty fun but at about 1:00 I completely lost all energy. I pulled Jeremy aside and told him we couldn't stay another night. I needed to go home! On the way back we stopped at Mt. Hood ski resort. It's one of the only mountains in the U.S. you can ski all year. It was sooooo Warren Miller. Very cool vibe. They even had a St. Bernard in the gift shop that the kids were all over. All in all, a successful first family camping trip. Thanks Donathons for inviting us! (on a later note as I finish this I can't find the cord to get pics off my internal memory so sorry no waterfall pics. lame) maybe a state park site has one I can bum . . .

lots of cool statues
I liked the cedar walls and outdoorsy vibe
for mishael, cool horse art

blakey in front of circa 1937 firetruck
chipmunks were not shy! eating chips off the kids toes
the intrepid campers
Mt. Hood (we are a great posing family)

1 comment:

Me said...

Looks like a sweet trip! Sorry to hear you were feeling bad - hope you're better now?