Wednesday, April 11, 2018

February 2018

February was full of field-trips. We got free access to the space needle with our school group while its under renovation. I've actually not been up in it yet. I'm not even sure if the restaurant was open we only got to be on the observation deck but it was still fun to finally be up there. The next week we went and saw The Little Prince at the Seattle Children's Theater. The sets were just beautiful, and the actors looked like they were having a lot of fun. In fact there was a woman in it that had been in the Christmas play we saw when our friend's kiddo was in one. I love exposing the kids to live theater. I wouldn't say it's Isaac's favorite. It's hard for him to sit that long and there is usually some part where he is a little scared and climbs into my lap. But I don't mind that. Valentines is one of my favorites. We managed our usual dinner at old spaghetti factory but if I remember right (it's April now, whoops) it was the day before or weekend before. Trinity had a choir event and Jeremy's work had an impromptu company dinner so no one was around for the evening anyway, lol. I was SO PROUD of Trinity for performing on Valentines. She loves the singing Valentines event with her choir. We were able to get two locations in the ridge this year and it was just right for her rebuilding confidence. Social anxiety is no joke people. She did it with only one panic attack and that was on the way. I saw her "tells" a few times, a swiped eyebrow, a clutching of the skirt but she did it. Her girlscout troop came to the second location to support and she really like that and she was so surprised and happy.
Also in February was our FIRST ANNUAL CHALLENGE A SCIENCE FAIR. I couldn't have been happier with the their efforts. I am almost very thankful to the judges who were so supportive and detailed in their questions and scoring. It really made the experience a success. Some communities dread science fair but I *hope that won't be the case now for CC North Bend at least. The rest of the pictures are just sort of life in general. Lunch out on a hard day, goofing in class, new studies to fill my soul. Belt Testing, snapchat filtering, sister-visiting. I LOVE that I dragged her onstage yet again to help with worship. I also love Daniel for putting the chord from my tv in the wall. YAy! it only took three years. The slab of quartz and this amazing floor tile not pictured are the inspiration for the upstairs bath remodels. Our yard pictured in sun, rain, snow, and everything in between all in the same month. Life is blessed but never easy. Always more I want to do as a mother and friend. Always more I want to do for Jesus and his church. Always, always. 








































































I have to brag about this little video. Isaac struggles to focus in Karate (which is exactly why it is so good for him) but in this belt test for some reason (I dunno why) he was super into making a loud exhale which the sensei calls "focused breathing". If you listen close you will hear her ask who is doing it and then the sempei says "Isaac!" so then she tells them all to breathe just like him. So. So. glad I caught it on camera!



you go girl. 


No comments: