Monday, March 7, 2016

February

I know I complained about this last month but I hate blogging once a month because I forget everything that happened during the month. Hopefully pictures will refresh my memory.

we ended up spending a family Valentines Day. It was a Sunday and I had worship duty so I left all the Valentines on the counter and then when we got home, Trinity had singing Valentines all afternoon, and then we had dinner at The Old Spaghetti Factory, one of Jeremy's favorites. It was a little crazy because we messed up our original pick-up plan with Trin so I thought we were going to miss our reservation but it turned it it wasn't anything I (thanks mom for the amazing driving skilz) couldn't handle. We had this MASSIVE round table with throne-like chairs. It was loud, busy, and perfect for the kids. I got a lovely strawberry drop and put my feet up on the chair beside me. Pretty sweet and I always love spending Valentines as a family. 
            
            

This was a park day in early February that was insanely warm. So we took advantage of it to be outside. =) For some reason the kids always do so well together at the park. They just enjoy having each other to play with.

                           
Blake had a fun basketball season and I'm looking forward to him doing one more season to really work on skills. I feel like he was just starting to play well and it was over. 

                  
     
at the end of the month Isaac got to go on the first flight since he was a tiny baby. We went to see my friend Laura, her husband Eric, and their kiddo Alex. We had a great time and Isaac is an easy travel companion. Thankful it was a short flight though. =) 
                
playtime for boys. . .(thanks Eric and Rod for watching the kids for us)
Playtime for girls.. .yummy elk meatloaf at a local restaurant and three rounds of bowling. Yes!
It was so nice to visit with Laura and spend one on one time with Isaac. We took him to a kiddie pool at the gym and I just loved having that undivided time with him. I taught him a card game too, It involved counting by tens and fives and he nailed it. Such a smart boy. Also, he got more time outs than ever because no one was needing my attention or demanding this or that. Not that Isaac is poorly behaved but he's been getting away with some sass and it was time to put the kibosh on that. I'm trying to keep it up now that I am home, lol. I love my friend Laura, we have been friends since kindergarten.
now for some random catch-up. Isaac is almost ready weight/height wise for a booster but I think I want him to stay in five point because it is not okay that my baby is in a booster and almost five. stop. now. He is working on blended letter sounds with his therapist. I found them these really cute phonics books at the library. The other day I had mom on speaker phone and I said "say hi to Nee Nee" and he siad "Hi MOm!" and laughed. I realized he had read her name which appears on my screen as "mom" when she calls. I told Jeremy about it so he had to quiz him. He asked him to spell it and carefully making the letter sound before saying it Isaac said, "mmmm, m. . .ah,o. . .mmmm, m"  Jeremy was like "okay then, I guess he read it". = ) Being a homeschool mom I strongly defend his option to play but I won't deny that he is smart and he really enjoys concrete learning, workbooks, etc. so I try to find a balance between teaching him what he is able (which is a lot!) and letting him be a four year old without the pre-k freakout or expectations so many parents succumb to.  It's a little mind blowing to realize how far he has come from the one year old that really didn't seem to be interested in social interaction of any kind. 
Trin found a dress for prom, ha ha.
Daddy reading Isaac's books with him. It is my greatest desire right now that Jeremy dive into this homeschool thing with me. I could really use the input on the routine and the support in meeting mutual goals we set together. I won't deny that doing this on my own is not ideal. 
Isaac was invited to a party at Kidz Bounce (thanks Caleb) and I had to laugh at  this twenty-something dude walking around in circles holding up a bubble machine. Total pied piper moment with this bunch of kids following him around and dancing and laughing. 
more fun with Trios. Blake lost a tooth this month. He's going to lose the matching one on the other side in March for sure (hint: It's March 7 today and he lost it yesterday)
Blake got his game systems packed up because of his disobedient attitude. It made a point for sure. 
Honestly I am doing the things for him I use for Isaac. "your direction is to put this laundry away and you are at three. . . .etc" and time-outs that have to be quiet and respectful. Funny that I have to backtrack to what I use with the four year old but I swear sometimes that's where Blake is at as far as emotional regulation is concerned. 
At night we read bible stories and the kids complain about it until I start then they want me to read extra stories. So funny. I joined the board of the girls choir as secretary. It's been fun so far and I love having some input into the choir since I have so many years of experience and a passion for choral music. I would really love to see it grow in numbers and skill. I finished a short instrumental piece that I began last year. We are hoping to use it in the Good Friday service at church. I am really pleased that the Lord blessed me with progress on it. Jeremy let four employees go at Bill4time and is looking for some more. Not necessarily to replace the same positions but to round out his coding teams. It was good to see him take initiative and make the hard choices necessary to improve the company morale and work ethic. I'm always super proud of what he has accomplished but of course he is never content. The nature of man. I would say the most exciting thing for him this month was buying the limited edition primaries collection of the garbage pail kids. (It's a long story but he and Garbage Pail kids go way back) I bet his mother will laugh when she hears about this. Okay well I'm sure I could write more but I'm off to have some ice cream and watch the VOICE. CC tomorrow then DALLAS on Wednesday. Woot!!! Oh and last but not least I will never buy a guinea pig but if WERE going to buy a guinea pig it would be THIS one. 

No comments: