Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Dallas!!!

It's been two years since I took Trinity to Dallas to see our friends the Donothans. I promised Blake that next time we went I would take him along. So for the past five days we had a great time visiting Amie and Abbey and we had SUCH a good time. On Wednesday when we flew in we had barbecue at Hard Eight (yum) and then Hannah took me to the Nebraska Furniture Store and it really is crazy enormous. I found a couch I like but they won't do custom orders unless it's in store and of course I wasn't going to buy one right then and there so we looked up some distributors and there are a few in the Seattle area. Yay, more on that when I look into it later. The first whole day there we spent the morning just chilling becuase it was RAINING (Dallas fail). This included a wet walk to the park where the kids got soaked going down wet slides but of course they didn't care and it just meant they went faster!  In the afternoon we watched cupcake wars and then devised and created our own cupcake war. We had no food coloring for our frosting so I suggested the girls use sugar sprinkles and sure enough their combo of blue and pink made a lovely lavender. On Friday Amie had an appointment in town so after that we went to the Aquarium. It was so much fun. I didn't realize how many other types of animals they have besides the water creatures. There were birds, monkeys, sloths, alligators, all sorts of critters. Then Hannah and I snuck out for pedis, massages, and dinner. DEE-LIGHTFUL. On Saturday we went to the Stockyards and saw the long-horns and the rodeo. That was a really fun afternoon of shopping, playing, and eating. Hannah even got to help in an Armadillo race! She was like a kid in a candy store. Blake sat on a longhorn, rode the mechanical bull, and got a longhorn balloon hat. He really took to Texas! I was super proud of Trinity for handling all the extra lights and noise of the Rodeo on short notice. She's a trooper! AND we got one of the t-shirts they were giving away. Lol we were jumping up and down like crazy but it went right through Amie's hands and into the guys lap behind us. He immediately handed it over to Trinity. We thanked him profusely and it saved me having to buy one for Jer. lol On the way home from the Stockyards Hannah and I laughed about one thing after another. It's just so great to reconnect with loved ones. Sunday we hung out in the sunshine (FINALLY) until it was time to say good-bye. *sniff
Till next time besties, We'll up the ante and bring the whole family.



 thank you random stranger!



 This was Blake's favorite. Sharks are his jam.

 longhorn!






 found a friend
 goofing around







 now this looks like a Texas downtown!











 more friends




 Hi Y'all!






 Yee Haw!








 Oh yeah and I noticed this guy smoking a cigarette while looking at his phone. I told hannah "I think he's the guy that got on Adams' team on the Voice two nights ago" so she bet me five bucks to ask him and sure 'nuff, hello Ryan Tedder from The Voice. lol That five bucks was paid in mango margarita form btw. Happy Girl. 





 this dude creeped me out


 ha ha look at the woman's reflection


 photobomb (except not because I was trying to get them in it)




 this cat was NOT HAPPY it was just pacing. Even sprayed at some kids, backed right up to the glass and let loose. lol Blake thought it was so cool but I did NOT like it.






 Hannah is off the Armadillo races. Hooray for crowd participation














No comments: