Wednesday, February 25, 2015

February is Flying By!

Just another general update for friends and family. I traveled the end of January for my Uncle's services. It was a great time with family and also funny how fast we reverted to that family unit of just my brother, sis, parents, and I.  I don't remember when the last time was we spent a few days together just the five of us. Also, that meant I was in the Boise airport waiting to return home when the Seahawks lost the superbowl. Depressing to say the least. But time marches on and we turn the calendar to February. This month has been flying by. It has been full of highs and lows. The first week of February was full of fun playdates. In fact on Friday we had two in a row and Isaac kept asking the next day to go to his "friends" house. He was so disappointed we don't go out like that daily. Trinity began a 3D computer class and really enjoys it.The bummer of that week was that Mr. Cuddihy, Trinity's school counselor passed away unexpectedly following a stroke. Trinity has worked closely with Mr. Mike since her first year at SES in second grade. I was even in talks with him to continue therapy in his private practice next school year as we take on homeschooling. It was quite a shock to hear he had suffered a stroke and was in the hospital. To add to the trouble, her teacher this year is his wife, Mrs. Cuddihy. So Trinity is missing both of these influential people in her life. It's been a tough time for her as she is very emotional in the first place. She is handling it as well as can be expected. I just feel for her because this has been her most improved year yet and this is such a blow. Praying for wisdom in the deep conversations this situation is still bringing up. Here is a little Valentines craft made by Isaac. Yes, this was the first year that I had to provide Valentines for three separate classes. They had their parties on different days so it was hilarious as I tried to remember what to send with which kid each day. I sat in on Isaac's class for "communication" day. There are some cute kids in his preschool class and he still loves attending. We stayed home on Valentines because Trin wanted to spend it as a family. That was sweet and I had to remember not to be frustrated that I couldn't just fly out the door with my hubby but to be THANKFUL that she is still so close to me. We went out Sunday evening instead. For some reason I really love giving the kids nice cards on valentines day and tucking boxes of conversation hearts in their lunch boxes all week. On Sunday we went and saw Kingsman, eh....I do love me some Colin Firth and there were a few witty lines but it could have been netflixed. At least we got out. I even ordered a strawberry margarita at the restaurant. Crazy, I know. Blake enjoyed his first basketball season. It was brief but he really took to it! Got video of a good little pass he made. We will sign him up again next year for sure. (and probably by a hoop in the meantime)








more to come . . . 



No comments: