Monday, September 8, 2014

First Day of School 2014

Sending Trinity and Blake off to school was easy this year. Sending Isaac off was pretty easy too. . .in some ways. He was so excited to go to school with the big kids and it's only for a few hours but it is definitely opposite to what I have done with the older two and he is my BABY. So, yeah that part was hard. I have gone back and forth emotionally on whether or not pre-school was the right choice for him. Some people would laugh at that but there are others who understand my desire to have him home with me. I am hoping this feeling of peace I have about the decision is from the Lord. I think Isaac will thrive in the school environment and funnily enough, I am still picturing him at home with me next year. Here are some pics of their big day. 
                
                                               
Trinity: We have had our share of struggles this past year. Fourth grade was a challenge beyond both our expectations. You had good days and bad days but through all of it you persevered. I am just so proud of you for taking on Fifth grade with such optimism.  My prayer is that this year you continue to learn ways to cope with your anxiety, that you remember all the people ready to support you, and that you remember you are FEARFULLY and WONDERFULLY made. Take things slow and communicate your needs. This year is going to be a good one.
                 
Blake: Sometimes you struggle with distractions but you are a bright boy that is well behaved in the classroom, and everyone likes you. My prayer for you this year is that you work hard, that you continue on your journey of learning respect and honoring others above yourself, and that you let your light shine and don't follow the sometimes not so excellent examples of those around you. 
              
                                     
Isaac: they made me do it. lol  My prayer for you is that pre-school will set you on the path of development you are meant to be on. I pray that you grow tremendously with the help of your teachers and therapists and that you meet every potential I see in you. Terrible Three's are no joke and you are in the phase of "I do it" for EVERYTHING. Somehow I still go to sleep thinking you are utterly delightful. 

No comments: