Saturday, August 3, 2013

Catch-up

Okay summer has been crazy and I have thought often of blogging but just not got around to it so there might be a few posts in a row. Trinity had art camp last week, her "birthday" week. I think she had a good time and she didn't have to wear a life jacket in the pool this year so she was pretty proud of that. This week was Run to Win. I didn't realize that the kids "coaches" were actual huskie football players! One of his coaches was just let go from the Kansas City Chiefs training camp so he may be done with his football career but that's still pretty cool if you ask me. How awesome there are Christian athletes out there spending some time in service encouraging kids to dream big. Blake had a great time.



I literally cannot handle how cute this basketball boy is. 
Believe it or not THIS (vid below) is one of Blake's coaches doing a traditional fire dance in his native Hawaii


Trinity did cheer and it's so funny because I got her a dress at Ross yesterday and she was determined to wear it for the last day of camp because it would "twirl great" on the "ballerina" cheer. So sure enough she is in a dress with pink pom-poms ready to cheer. She chooses to be girly at the random-est times!



Today we also had our last swim lesson for the summer. Trinity is only two skills away from graduating to Y2, while Blake has only two skills checked off period. Today he put his head under water and waggled his fingers at me over the edge of the pool to show that he wasn't plugging his nose. It was adorable! Go Blake. Also, in other news apparently we need a dog. There have been cute dogs just about everywhere we go these days. A week ago we walked to the park and a little white dog came over to check us out. It was so mellow and sweet, just walked around the park with Blake and Isaac following him. Blake is obsessed with dogs. Then yesterday when I was out shopping with Isaac this little fellow came over to beg for some cookie at the local coffee shop. We have been to this coffee shop many times and it never had dogs there. . .

 
and this wasn't the only cutie yesterday, at the jewelry store I was having some missing rhinestones replaced in my grandmother's costume jewelry and there was an adorable beagle/terrier cross. She jumped all over isaac and licked him and wanted him to play. They had a treat ball that they actually let Isaac toss around the store right next to glass cases full of valuables! They were dog-sitting. I mean, stop it already with the cute dogs or I'll break down and get one!!
This week is going to be crazy as we prep for our cruise and how to get grandma and grandpa through eight days with the kids. Also I have to get groceries for everyone who will watch the kids and get back to school supplies. Not to mention a mani-pedi for the cruise. =) It will be a busy week folks but a good one.
Last but not least on the penguin classics end I am currently reading Against Slavery: An Abolitionist Reader
I would just like to say that these people were great ORATERS. Who can name me some truly amazing orators of our day? I don't know any off the top of my head but some of the lines written by these people! Powerful, powerful stuff.



No comments: