Thursday, February 28, 2013

Guest Room - Part 2

Last week my mother, sister, and her little ones visited for our mid-winter break from school and all six kids got terribly sick. Isaac so much so that we had our first ER visit to make sure he wasn't having a reaction to his first ever round of antibiotics. He was okay but yesterday when all the kids seemed to be finally getting better Blake (who had been the least sick of all) came down with a new high fever again. Anyway, sick kids are a drag but I'm so thankful for the extra hugs and cuddles and as frustrating as it is that they always want ONLY their mommy I am profoundly grateful that this is a temporary illness. So what do you do with two babies that won't let you put them down? You make your mother hang curtains and art! Yes indeed, sick kids were not stopping us from having our decorating fun. It was our first attempt at an "art wall" and we had a great time putting it together. There is Trinity's "Cat Eye" that I just adore along with a story of hers and more of her art. There are a couple of FABULOUS scrapbook papers that I could never use for a book that worked perfectly to fit my oddly shaped frames and of course pictures of isaac. I want to get Blake in eventually too with either a picture or art but I didn't have anything at the ready for the day we did the project. We even managed a brief field trip to the local mercantile in Snoqualmie where we nabbed the adorable white door knob. The dishes I had, and the frames I had spray painted last summer with the intention of the art wall so needless to say I was chomping at the bit to hang stuff! Thank you to my Nana who gave my mother a ton of custom curtains from the house they sold when they moved back to AZ. They add just the right girly touch. I call the room's style "granny/retro chic". That was until Jeremy put his desk in there. Blech it's so sad having that hideous desk chair and all that black sitting on the desk. Oh well it was the best decision for giving him a quiet workspace and making room for the futon in the newly downsized loft.
Here are pics yay! The color is called Deep Royal and it was a little in your face when Daniel first put it up but I think we have tempered it nicely with the decor.
 yes I moved my favorite ever picture in here. I just couldn't resist with the colors. The view is from the door
 aren't the curtains fun?
 the art wall. I love it. That gold embossed paper is da bomb and the little girl golfer is on a sheet of tin. Love all the different textures.
 the complete (for now) effect! I tried to mix white with cream so nothing would look dingy and the gold/bronze parts really add a warmth.
 the closet and door. I just loved the idea of the bed being tucked into that little recess even though the large wall might have made more sense. This layout works better with the desk anyway.
 my "ugly" quilt. Thank Debbie Pugh it's still my favorite! 
Anything handmade rocks. I have had to stitch it back in a few places where the seams have busted and of course I can't even do a hidden stitch so it's ghetto but hey, it's LOVED.

No comments: