Sunday, June 19, 2011

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. . .Beautiful Boy

Nothing captures your heart like a newborn. The funny thing is, with each of my first two I had definate baby blues and would struggle to feel on top of things. Anxiety (if you could make it a thing) would sit on my shoulders in the evening and it could take several months to feel myself again. It was hard to understand why I felt that way when I didn't want to and I don't like remembering the worst days of the first few months. Now this is no fault of the baby's, simply my hormones returning to a normal state or perhaps getting a little crazy for a while, one or the other. Strangely enough, this newborn stage has been the best yet. Even though isaac is not quite two weeks old and the blues could still kick in I am concentrating on being fully aware of the short phase of newborn time I have with him. It could just be the protective hand of my heavenly Father. I keep picking Isaac up and kissing him over and over. I drop whatever I am doing just to play with him even though he is fine with his brother/sister or even by himself on the floor. He doesn't cry very much although he does prefer to nurse to sleep. *stinker. He makes the most adorable faces and he is a champion at pooing/peeing the minute we have his daiper off. *gross. He has already begun to try to "talk" to me. I keep saying that I can't stand the first week after having a baby. It's not the baby but the one thing after another of a body trying to heal from a pretty crazy experience. The milk coming in especially adds a day of "poor me" right in the middle of that first week. Guys will NOT relate to this but bowling balls are not meant to be attached to the front of you. I couldn't even lay him on my chest to burp him it was so painful. Still, all of that passes in a week and my motto is "you'll feel like a new woman in two weeks, just give it two weeks". It's so true. Jeremy and I are already lamenting the hair Isaac will lose. Isaac had the most of our three children at birth but I can tell he is just like my other babies in that he will rub it all off around his crown ending up with a mohawk down the front. lol. He is also like trinity and blake in that he has his daddy's cleft chin. It most be a pretty dominant trait. I know it's going to get harder. There will be fussy nights, days with three sick kids instead of two, and I'm sure at some point he will start showing off more of his personality in good and bad ways. For now however, I am completely in love and so joyful that I am the one who gets to nurture this precious little boy. I love, love, love, love, love him!!!!! Here are some pictures I am considering using on his announcement. On the other hand I may just send out this link for those of you who don't have facebook and haven't seen pics yet. =)




5 comments:

Natalie Minnich said...

Phooey. You are never again allowed to speak of my being a mushhead! Hello!!! That was the ultimate in mushy mushness!

Christine Danielson said...

I love it. I found that with my third I was so much more relaxed and for some reason (maybe because I knew it was my last child)I seemed to appreciate the baby phase much more than the others.

Saumya Mishra said...

Lenore ! Issac is so cute :)Loved reading this :)

Sarah Benedict said...

He is adorable! Almost makes me want another one!

RachelCapezza said...

He is so adorable! The newborn stage seems to fly by so quickly. Soak up and enjoy every moment!