Sunday, December 21, 2008

here is my napping christmas baby

one more stretch mom!

huh? what?

A QUICK AWANA NOTE
trinity this year has shown great growth from her awana class. I just love the way children so readily accept Jesus without any of the questions we struggle with. On one lesson we were supposed to write down a promise and then help them keep it. I asked her what she wanted to write down (thinking something easy like "help mom bake cookies" ) and trinity pipes up with, "I want to promise to always love God and Jesus!" okay, I said and how are you going to do that? she things a minute. . ."by reading my bible". Good answer I say. (wohoo!) so then about a month later I come out of the kitchen and she is on the recliner with her little picture bible "reading". I said what are you doing? she says. "reading the bible so I can know about God". of course my heart melted. On the funny side this girl is smart so I was amused and a little dismayed by her behavior the other day. She got mad at me and (I think becuase she thought it would hurt my feelings) yells at me "you are just a person who doesn't like God!". I can't believe I am already getting tailor made insults. yikes!

2 comments:

goooooood girl said...

your blog is so good......

Daniel and Natalie said...

Cutie cutie cutie patootie! I know, I know, one child asleep and a newborn napping and I'm checking blogs out?! Get thee (me) to the couch!