Thursday, July 6, 2017

June pt. 2

So now for the rest of June - we got back on the 12 and I ended up on a a bit o an unexpected journey. I had a routine mammogram (my first ever) recommended by my doc since I have "very dense tissue". Turns out there was a little something they were concerned about which meant a biopsy. Thankfully the results were normal but I won't lie, it was quite a tense week and a half as I went through the whole process. Also in the latter half of june I attended practicum for Challenge A as well as Director Orientation since a Challenge tutor for classical conversations as to be both tutor and director. That made for a very long week but I am so grateful to Michelle Lee who watched the kids for me since the camps were full and honestly the kids probably preferred the playtime with friends. once again I was blown away by the long-term vision of this program. It is exactly the support I need to keep the courage of my convictions which is sort of everything in the homeschool world. I don't think anyone keeps their kiddos home very long without it. (no offense kiddos) That being said this new leadership role will require a lot of time and effort and while excited I am working on the best yes for the upcoming year and clearing a few things off my plate to make room for a deeper level of engagement with my children. While we took the month of Karate the kids did pop in for a belt test. Blake's birthday was very chill, he just wanted his bestie Aiden to hit the arcade with him. They had a dance-off to the despicable me 3 soundtrack and the winners got sour candy. We didn't do cake or anything, just a wide assortment off sour stuff which is Blake's favorite. He got a new bike for his birthday which was very necessary. We spent a lovely day at the beach with CC friends and I hung my new art which was confirmed to be worth 10x what I paid for it. Woot! Also, the Donathons were here again for a few days. I love friends that settle in like family whenever you are together. Can't wait for Texas next spring, look out Hannah we are all coming! Family developments for June - Trinity is on a program to earn a snake *she will be required to manage her anxiety with a more positive outlook for three months straight after which she can purchase said snake once she has earned enough money to pay for it all herself. 
- Blake is on a program to earn a nintendo switch *he has lived an entitled life and I was loathe to continue enabling so we declared that he will earn this system if he wants it by means of educational and behavioral excellence as well as whatever odd jobs he can find to work. 
- Jeremy *is working on the sale of his company, BIG STUFF! I pray for God's hand of blessing in the process and for protection of the reputation and value of this company, we are so proud of him for achieving his dream. Super fun things coming in July - Trinity turns 13! 


 allergies took me out pretty bad as usual




 the picture ended up getting hung here but I tried it out in the dark green bathroom too lol, what? you don't put fine art in YOUR toilet room?? 



 hosta game be on point

 Trinity at this years girlscout awards night, what a great group she's got!




 we came home from awards night to presents from grandma! 

 little boy, big forest

 down they go


 this is the first time we took the doggies on a hike. They loved it but HATED when the kids went down to the waterfall without them. Lot's of crying and whining, lol
 heading back up. . . 
 Isaac asked for me to take this


 just a few tips for me to remember from practicum. . . .




 came home from a long practicum day to presents from Nee' Nee' and Granda!





 Blake wouldn't pick up the crabs but the minute Trinity saw young Jacob do it she was all over it.

















 helping with the driftwood fort
 not so much helping with the driftwood fort










 finally, summer afternoons hot enough for a water fight

 came home to presents from Grandma Trudy, some life these kids have!

 admiring Joshua's blue-tailed skink

 birthday bike




 this is Phinneas our friend's love bird. Eat your heart out mom he's a sweetie!





























































































































































No comments: