Saturday, June 17, 2017

May 2017

May was another incredibly busy month. Maybe I should just get used that being my normal and stop calling it busy? We had three great field trips with CC. The first week was to see the Terra Cotta Warrior exhibit at the science center. It was Isaac's first time in the butterfly house and he loved it! Trinity was freaking out whenever they flew near her. ;) I got some fun shots out with the dinosaurs. I believe it was Isaac's first time at the science center at all actually. The next week ifly! Ah Lord love my kiddos. . .they tried. I was super proud. I considered not even signing up because I thought there was no way Trinity would do it and while Blake is more of a go-getter he has often surprised me with his nervousness to try certain things. So the families are all going one by one, the little ones seem to enjoy it, they are doing everything right, holding still keeping arms and knees bent at the right angle, big smiles. Isaac gets in and proceed to treat it like a swim lesson, kick kick kicking. Totally the exact thing you are NOT supposed to do. Fortunately his little body was easily corralled by the instructor. He spent the majority of his minute tucked under her arm because of all the movement. Blake got in there, clearly didn't like the air in his face and wiggled until he flipped over on his back and she had him cradled like a baby. So he was out about thirty seconds in. Trinity got to the door, the instructor who didn't realize Trinity's extreme anxiety tried to haul her in and she went into full freak out. Death grip on the door and wild flailing and yelling when she was pried off. This tipped off the instructor that this would not be a normal flyer. She was SO PATIENT with Trin, coaxing her and encouraging her - even going to the point of having the air completely off with them beginning laying out on the mesh and then bringing it slowly back up but once it reached the point where it was forceful Trinity would freak out again. So she never flew but ultimately I was proud of her because I had honestly not expected her to get in the suit! The hardest thing about anxiety and fear in a situation like that is that most kids feel ashamed of themselves once the crises is past. She was SO upset for the next hour, including tears and bad attitude. Even though I told her I was happy with her trying she was upset to have "failed" in front of everyone. Turns out I could have rented the full motorcycle helmet like the instructors wear and that might have helped since the wind would have been out of her face. Maybe we will try it again someday. I wasn't sure I liked it the first time but since we all had two tries I really enjoyed the second time around. They also gave us some sweet swag so that was cool! Third week was our first annual Field Day which was a total hit! So many fun games. I don't have any pictures from that day but let me just say, Isaac did the three legged race with Dempsey ( or was it lucabelle?) Seubert and it was the CUTEST THING IN THE WORLD. We explained how to run so they didn't fall and her arm was over his shoulder (she is a little taller), his arm was around her waist and his other was reaching up and holding her little hand and they did it perfectly! ADORABLE. Also in May we completed the kids standardized tests for the year. I tried to set up the rest of summer plans like Chelan and signing up for Run to Win camp. We booked our rental for the solar eclipse in August so I think for the most part we are set on summer. Work was accomplished around the house as well as the sprinkler system finally went it (but of course I write this on June 17th and we are still having issues with it - at least the grass is growing in well) and put solar panels on our roof.. That might have been in the April post too? I lose track. On the thirty-first (our fourteenth anniversary) I headed to moms with the kids and dogs. I spent one day with them and on the second of June I flew out to meet Jeremy in Vegas to celebrate his 40th! The kids do have a little bit of school to finish up in July. 


suprheroes?
turtles
Archimedes screw
water goes UP
Blake is always obsessed with getting these globes to stop rolling
yes. earmuffs in June.
Guess What? They are gone now (finally)
I think she wore then like six months daily

super old dude



this culture was into bells










this armor was all of seperate slates chained together. something like 400 piees




pretty astounding that this was buried under the earth for two thousand years

most of these dudes would have been holding actual weapons but the were raided from the tomb by peasants who needed them in an early rebellion




the kids wanted to give the street musician cash
in a dino footprint
my turn!


road kill?



















Fun facts with Mrs. Moore















quick take it before it touches me!
I am so. not. okay with this
that's how you do it Lana!






okay I kid of want one of these guys.






peace out science center!
small tank top over larger t-shirt, size 8 shorts (eye roll) knee high matryoska socks. . .that's my girl

some shots of the everydays




one of the little guys. not mine since we all went in together so I couldn't take pictures


hello earth, I come in peace



all set!





afterwards they gave us a great science lesson with all sorts of fun stuff in the wind tunnel

teaching the mariner moose to fly lol

sorta wanted this one but these suckers don't fit in cupboards ever notice that?

new seat cushions. too much?

Trinity was giving Jeremy and I tutorials on our anime

oh yeah I forgot out final field trip was the Nat Geo presentation on Mars. here the kids pose with the iconic yellow border from the magazine. During this presentation Isaac got his booboo face which means he is upset about something so I asked him what was bothering him. He said the apacolypse. I realized he thought we were there to talk about how we need to get to Mars when the earth is uninhabitable, like for reelz! No baby we are just talking about EXPLORING. The earth is FINE.








park play on the way home




mr. made his own pancakes for dinner

I bought adorable summer baskets for the front and I hope Jer gets that fountain up and running today.

the first sign of summer MUST be the ice cream truck




No comments: