Thursday, December 15, 2016

November 2016


It's pretty funny because when I noticed I hadn't blogged November yet, I was like, "well what DID happen in November?" Then I realized oh yeah, we only remodeled our entire lower level!!! So I guess I do have some stuff to share! Flooring and trim came out, new flooring and trim came in. Fireplace wall was pushed back and new fireplace installed. Hall bath received a new light fixture, color, and vanity instead of the pedestal sink there previously. Four canned lights were added in the front room and a large IKEA cabinet installed for our homeschool supplies. The piano was moved to the other side and the whole downstairs was repainted although we used the same colors. Plus my design feature to balance the fireplace of a full wall of tile in the kitchen. I'm in love. It doesn't even feel like my house, I still vacuum thinking, "this flooring is amazing". Three rugs add warmth and energy. The last pieces are some bookshelves for the living room and new coffee table still to be determined. Eventually I would like to refinish my uncle's table as well as the dining table to better match the natural look of the kitchen cabinets. Right now they are what I would call a Pecan sort of color. We had a quiet thanksgiving at home with just our family. I slept in and napped in the afternoon, come on it was pretty much perfect. Mom and Nat came with the kids and trooper the day after and spent the weekend which was awesome timing. The problem with bloggin a month behind is you don't really get to express your feelings as far as what you are looking forward to in the near future. Instead it's already halfway through December and I've been there and done a good portion of holiday prep etc already. But I will tell you I was looking forward to keeping Christmas SIMPLE. Decor ended up minimal and we used the black tree we bought for five bucks end of season last year at wally world and I LOVE it. Presents are mostly bought. One family Christmas done already (love you) and one Sunday, Hurdles still to handle? Three Christmas Eve services which I am super excited about but beginning to panic over and a long drive Christmas eve night to the parents for Christmas Day. Yes, we are THOSE people. (weather permitting) I got me some new snow tires and I'm-ma ready to go. I'd love to share about how December is going in another post but before Christmas. We will see. =)

yummy yummy yummy
so the 8x10 rug would be about this big lol!

these teas were double stacked before the Weathers came. . .they drinketh much tea. =)


first shot of it lit up
new vanity fixture


my rug selctions. . .
okay so this is not remodel related but Trinity's tutor was on vacation for two weeks so they shipped the master class kiddos out to the younger classes and it was so cute to have her with Isaac.
here trinity is examining something with little David
old floor buh-bye
it's not that I hated it, just ready for a change. Every house we've lived in that had hardwood had this blonde color.
bye bye pedestal sink
isaac was in love with this puppet from the library
One weekend our friends were here his wife and kids came over to visit. They brought her youngest sister Heidi who is Trinity's age. They really hit it off and had a great weekend.


cute birthday boy
we saw The Lion the Witch and the Wardobe at Seattle Children's Theatre
super fun since we have beeen reading the Chronicles of Narnia




playing outside the EMP while we wait for the play


back to remodeling
my best before pictures


again before . .
after, except for the light fixture that is just hanging and not changed out for the new yet. lol
a little more lived in
all ready for Christmas, and yes no better homes shots here, we live here and do school and stuff



my tile! squeeeee!
 we had an amazing Charlie Brown Challenge in EEL 





 shoulda worn my spanx
Ha! so this is funny I was waiting to take pictures in this cute little hut at Molbak and this little girl was looking all awe and wonder at the lights and her aunt was snapping away outside the window, Nat though we should recreate, she looks ridiculous but I couldn't get a good angle with the lattice design on the window. lol! Oh you know we got our Molbaks trip in. 

No comments: