Sunday, March 15, 2015

Crazy Hair

Last night I took Trinity to the crazy hair tour. I wasn't sure if she would enjoy it because she shies away from big events where it will be too noisy. In fact, she had already asked me earlier in the day if it was too much if maybe we could just go shopping. I had to encourage her not to look for an out before it was even deemed necessary. We headed into Overlake and found a row at the VERY back, lol. They began the first song and Trinity immediately said she didn't like the noise. This level was NOT bad as far as concerts/performances goes, so I told her to hang in there and suddenly, SHE WAS HOOKED. The event talked about modesty, what does "normal" mean in today's society, and how does that align with what God tells us in His word. The girls were encouraged to share their biggest dislike about themselves with the Lord and then confess it to us moms so we could pray over them. That was a very special moment for Trinity and I. Of course the general lavishing of gifts pleased her as well. I bought her "crazy hair", a t-shirt, and a TWO dollar soda. Since when do vending machines get to charge us two dollars for a soda??? I was so proud of my little girl embracing these big girl concepts and seeking to honor God with her life even as young as she is. I was very concerned when they started a screaming contest between the pink and blue sides that it would be too much for Trinity but I was shocked when she just jammed her fingers in her ears and screamed right along! I NEVER thought that would be her response but the evening was peppered with "best night ever", "thank-you, thank-you", and "I want to stay here forever". Mommy and daughter went to bed with happy hearts.








here they had the girls only sing Jesus Love Me. =)

1 comment:

Diana O- said...

Too cool! I heard promos of this on the radio. So glad you both had a good time.