Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Spring Break Visit to Nat's

What is something that your family does that other families don't? Well, I can't speak for all families out there but I smiled when I was getting a spoonful of sugar out of my parents' sugar bowl and had to work around the crunchy spots. Yes, my family gets their sugar out of the bowl with wet spoons. 1 spoonful . .stir. . .taste. . .not enough. . .spoon another out immediately and carry on. We are, apparently, not bothered at the thought of other peoples' wet spoons mucking up our sugar bowl. Now, will knowing my family history help the friend who caught me absentmindedly breaking up the sugar clumps in my sugar tub (obviously because I put wet spoons in it) in preparation for a recent home group WITH MY FINGERS feel any better? Not likely. But they will know to avoid my parents' sugar bowl (and possibly mine, lol)  if sharing iffy sugar lumps is a problem for them. I bet you have something your family does that might bother the average individual too. Do share! If you are on the other side of this fence (okay, Rian, I saw the look; it just took 24 hours for me to register that you were probably bothered by my bare hand deep in my sugar tub) I bet you still have something to share. Something you CAN'T believe "they" do. Oh and Rian, if I misinterpreted that, carry on and help yourself to some sugar! . Anways I titled the post that way because usually I would stay at mom's but instead  I stayed at Nat's most of the time as Mom was in Arizona caring for Nana, who fell and broke her pelvic bone. Of course I was bummed to miss Mom but the show must go on and, it's cool; we called each other while shopping at Ross so nothing MAJOR was missed. The highlight of the trip, of which I have NO pictures, was swimming at the Camas Center. The Tribe up in Cusick has built a huge gym facility with classes offered and three pools. A lap pool (which Nat, Daniel, and I raced the length of. . .don't ask, if it were any longer I would have drowned), a wading pool (with playground equipment in it people!), and a rec pool (3 1/2 ft. deep with a nice, big, orange water slide). Needless to say both my older children have requested to have their birthday parties there to which I say, "Why not? Driving to the east side is cheaper than Great Wolf Lodge". They had a blast and I was impressed that they both went down the water slide all by themselves. Other than that it was a low key visit with a few pop-ins to see some friends, etc. Here are some pics of our cousin fun! Thanks again Mishael and Sandy for watching our six rugrats to Nat and I could have a girls' day out!
 On a hike. Isaac can run fast!






 running butt



 perfect home in a fallen tree
 cheesers
 Natalie commented that she was glad she still looked "youthful". =)

 I like the "warp speed" look to this picture
 I adore this picture. Rays of sun and bubbles and a cute niece!
 that's just too far ahead of me!
 I mean, how adorable is he???
 running ahead. . .taken from a bend in the path where I'm above him

 there were never such devoted sisters
 where's your shoe??
 but first, let me take a selfie. . .
 stuck much?
 this one should be right before the last. too lazy to straighten out the pics
 charge!!!!
 into the thick of it. . .
 time for a bang trim



 dog agility and brushing horses, the city kids' day on the farm dream


No comments: