Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Room Swap

AS you all know I have been planning a room swap for some time now. Trinity is hitting double digits this summer and having her own bedroom seemed appropriate. This Friday we had some extra down time and so I began the process. It was a pretty smooth process over the weekend to get her twin set up in her own room and the crib set up in the boys' room. I finished an ikea expedit for storage in their room as well. I forgot to take before photos, whoops, but I have some middle of the tornado shots and then an almost finished product for Trin's room. Things still needed to do:
repaint/modpodge/make Trin's old dresser AWESOME
repaint her bookshelf
hang her art
put up two shelves
put up her lighting fixture (can't wait to see that)
buy and assemble or buy and make AWESOME hand me down desk
buy dresser on the cheap for boys/make AWESOME
find and hang art (I would like to print photos Isaac took on my iphone, right? cool, right?)
finish storage solutions for both rooms (some random toys still need homes)

and things that might be harder than furniture still to do:
-get trin to stop crying long enough to try her room out overnight (she is currently on the bottom bunk,  complaining about the hard mattress - princess much?)
-get Isaac to stop screaming and playing approx. 1 hour after bedtime so he doesn't keep siblings up (people  I refuse to stop his napping to accomplish this so a miracle must therefore occur, or benadryl? just sayin. . .)
-move Isaac to bottom bunk when Trin accepts her big girl bed

I will say however that moving everything around has convinced me that Isaac is indeed no longer a baby and it *might be time soon to potty train him. *might. *maybe *can't it happen spontaneously?

the boys room with trins stuff on the way out, the bookshelf got moved to the opposite wall. it's a glossy red but I wouldn't take the protective gray tape off until I was sure it was where I wanted it
 moved everything out of isaac's baby changing table/dresser and put into blake's closet but now realizing a dresser makes more sense so I can utilize the closet space for toy bins
 Trinity's closet will still hold a few household goods, board games, etc. plus the tub of baby blankets, *sniff
 just some chalk doodling on a nice afternoon. It's always soooo good to get outside in the Seattle area!!
 Isaac's room with trin's stuffies her bed against the wall and the low lying expedit that used to be in his room our and moved downstairs where it holds all my movies and music binders. LOVE. Also allowed me to trash the last college piece of furniture Jeremy had that I had been using to store those things. Yippee!
 Crib is out and where you saw the red bookshelf. Bed is up!
 So Jeremy lived in his grandparent's basement for two years when he was in community college. Grandma and Grandpa had this entire wicker set of furniture in the room that he used, including our little friend here. When Grandma passed away and his mom asked if there was anything he wanted he jokingly said he thought the giraffe should be his because it shared his room for two years. Guess what was on our doorstep a few days later? Thanks Grandma!
 the bed may not stay on this wall, we will see. I am hoping by flipping it 90 degrees to the right and putting the head again the same wall Blake is on the other side of she might somehow feel more comfortable and start sleeping there? Child psychologist anyone?
Pussy willows because they remind me of spring and my mother. 

No comments: