Monday, August 8, 2011

Seabrook 2011

I finally accomplished my goal of getting all of my washington family to the coast. Ever since we hit seabrook three summers ago I have been dying to get mom there with all the grandkids. This year we were able to make it happen! I felt bad about them having to drive across the state and we only having to drive 3 hours but if you want the coast. . .well you gotta get to a coast. me and my "duh" statements. We had a fabulous time! I wasn't too happy that the sun didn't shine at all the first day. It felt really cold and was very windy. Poor Isaac had sand stuck to his face because I had rubbed him down with baby sunscreen and it was sticky stuff. He mostly slept through it though as I had my giant beach umbrella set up to protect him from the worst of the wind. The upside was that it was PERFECT for kite flying and Daniel had brought several trick kites so we had a lot of fun doing that. Then the sun came out for the rest of our trip and the kids could not get enough of the sand and waves. sigh. I love vacations! I was a little more tied down than usual with the 2 month old but I call it a success nevertheless! Here is the cream of the crop picture wise. (I wish I had a better camera on trips like this. . .)

DAY 1
 our first walk to the beach
 our front door
 on our way to the playground (my nieces evelyn and morgyn)
 she's even cute upside down! (my niece sophie)
















nee nee time. . .
my nephew philip
who was CRAZY about the beach. nothing bothered him. the sand and water were his best friend. I couldn't get over how he tried over and over to walk straight into the surf.
 nee nee's little red jeep made several trips up and down the beach. you could hear their screams of joy for miles. hee hee.
 Jeremy, lord of the trick kite. Okay, he did crash it once but this shot is pretty cool. It was almost level with the sand.
more kite action
trinity cuisin'
  silly girl
 me and my shmommy
sand dude 
 trinity flies the gecko kite
nice work!


DAY 2
 fording the stream
 look alikes
 seriously, can you tell which two are mine?
 despite how it looks, phily-lou did not hit the baby. . .
 that's a tall shadow to fill. . .
 mom and pops. happy birthday dad!
 like a kid again
 yes. I am scared a little.
 there might be something wrong with him
 swim trunks are the new daiper. . .
 that's my girl
 that's my sister
 that's my man
that's my sister-in-law. oh yeah, and that's my armpit. self portraits don't always work out.


DAY 3
 love
uncle zacky became the pylon for trinity's "wave walk". he took them out past their knees and they clung to him each time a wave came. lol.
 you stick ze chest out movestar style no?
 the ring toss line-up
 bubbles?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

did I mention I just got my feet wet after mom said no?

brave boy got in the surf. brave, brave boy.

best friend cousins

 beautiful lady
 handsome couple
you taking pictures of me? because I am of you!
THE WISH I WAS A REAL PHOTOGRAPHER SECTION











4 comments:

Natalie Minnich said...

oh man! I wish I could comment on each picture separately! So much to say and I've already forgotten I think I must have been attempting to shoe of my huge biceps in the picture of you sticking out your huge chest. Huge yes. Biceps, not so much. craving some more of that Peach Bellini stuff. allright, I can't remember anything else.

Natalie Minnich said...

okay ignore above comment. I think the middle part erased or something. I was saying that there was so much I wanted to say and I forgot most of it after reading the post. Blake is a weirdo :). the pic of Philip and the baby was hilarious. and then continue with above comments about non existent biceps and peach bellinis. thank you.

Lynne' said...

WOoooh the one of the light shining through the trees was SO good! It was Zee bezt. :}

lenorediviney said...

thanks lynne! I thought endor or perhaps lothlorien?? = )