Monday, April 25, 2011

Good Friday yes, Sad Saturday no!

Good Friday: my family attends our church's first Easter Drive-Thru. I am surprised at how emotional I am at the crucifixion scene.

Tomorrow is Resurrection Sunday. I feel lately that I have let everything going on in my life distract/distance me from my "sincere devotion" to Christ. Is it hard for me to reconcile what I believe with the theology/thinking that the world would have me espouse? admittedly. Is it worth it to step out in faith and take the chance that I could be wrong? absolutely. Does God understand that I'm not perfect and doubt is often the name of my game? YES. so where do we go from here?

Fast-Forward:
It's Sunday and I'm at church, worshipping with great joy! It is comforting to be in the presence of those who are like-minded. At the same time, I am challenged to live my faith in an open way because of this very experience. I want others to share in the joy of celebrating the risen Christ. I want it to mean something to them beyond Jesus being a spiritual guru and all around "good guy". I want it to be their connection to God the creator; their response to His finished work of love when Jesus gave up his life to fulfill the will of his father. How does this interplay of the trinity show me the meaning of surrender/obedience? It is amazing to see how Jesus let God's will be done even in that one moment when he cried out for a different outcome.  How does this desire to accomplish ministry work together with my lack of spending time in the word or praying? I don't think it does. So things must always change. Less of me and more of Him! Pastor Randy gave a great message about not being stalled in our faith but in accepting and living in the unstoppable force of God's will being done in our lives. I'm ready for that! Happy Easter Everyone!

No comments: